Annapurna Base Camp 6 Days
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 6 Days might surprise some trekkers and adventurers but can be done if you are a physically fit and able person to cope with steep ups and downhill walks. Actually, it might seem hard and tough for some people, but it is a normal and standard itinerary, which allows you to be in the heart of Annapurna Himalaya at base camp within less than a week duration.
6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary specially designed and planned for those who have very limited time with great interest can enjoy the adventure to Annapurna Sanctuary, in a short time and also saves the cost of the trek as well. Starting the adventure from scenic Pokhara city heading further west to reach around rural farm villages with rows of paddy terraces, cross over a bridge to Jhinu village and then climb up to enter the lovely large Gurung village in Chomrong.
Chomrong, the last permanent settlement on route to Annapurna Sanctuary and base camp, populated by Gurung people the indigenous tribe of an Annapurna and Lamjung Himal, interwoven to Buddhism religion. From Chomrong within interesting areas as route leads through dense rhododendron and pine forest with downhill to Modi River gorge at a small place called Bamboo. Entering into a gorge covered in dense tree lines, as trek follows Modi River upstream right up to its glacial source at Annapurna Sanctuary and base camp, the highest spot of the adventure. Walk to Annapurna base camp, takes you past some small settlement with few lodges at Himalaya, Deurali, and then climb higher up as tree lines disappear for short bushes and shrubs around Machhapuchare Base Camp.
Machhapuchare Base Camp, located beneath the North Face of Machhapuchare Himal, also known as Fish-Tail the virgin and unclimbed peak around the whole Himalaya region. After Machhapuchare Base Camp into Annapurna Sanctuary where our main goal and highlight Annapurna base camp located on the far west side of the sanctuary, enjoy a fascinating time at Annapurna base camp encircled with series of peaks. At Annapurna base camp in the comfort of a nice cozy lodge overlooking views of Mt. Annapurna-I, Annapurna Fang or VaraShikar, Gangapurna, Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli, with Fluted or Singu Chuli, includes Annapurna South, Hiunchuli with Machhapuchare Himal.
The Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking would be the best destination to explore the local culture and breathtaking sceneries of the popular mountains. Annapurna Base Camp truly an exciting and memorable spot, where on this whole world one can experience such glorious views of arctic frozen landscapes with tall peaks. Enjoying a great time at Annapurna base camp and then return journey leads to a road head for a drive towards beautiful Pokhara a love, after a marvelous and fascinating adventure and superb experience on Annapurna base camp 6 Days Trek.
Highlights of 6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek
“Adventure of great bio-diversity from sub-tropic, cooler air to arctic cold climate.
Diverse landscapes, and varied temperatures on walks to Annapurna base camp
Enjoy scenic walks in the harmony of Gurung villages adorned with lovely culture.
The best way to observe Nepalese rural traditional villages and heritage farm life
Following Modi River upstream right to its glacial source at Annapurna Sanctuary”
Trekking Mode: Hotel in Pokhara and local tea-house, lodge on treks.
Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
Highest altitude: At Annapurna base camp 4, 130 m / 13, 549 feet high.
Trekking Region: Nepal Far North Mid-West around Annapurna Himalaya.
Trek duration: 05 Nights / 06 Days (Pokhara to Pokhara with drives)
Best Season for Annapurna Base Camp Trek 6 Days:
The best time for the trek to Annapurna base camp where one can join nearly all months of the year, however, the best time is the spring season March to May with autumn/fall to pre-winter months of September to early December.
Springtime, fine clear weather most days with cool morning and night time, when wildflowers are in seasonal bloom like rhododendron national flower of Nepal. Can be cloudy in the afternoon with some rain and snowfall sometimes around mid-hills and higher areas.
The next best months from September to early December during autumn and pre-winter seasons, most days are clear and fine for pleasant walks as well for scenic views of snow peaks. However, much colder morning and in the nighttime with chances of snowfall sometimes, trekkers can enjoy a clear bright starry night sky.
Day 01: Drive from Pokhara to the starting point of the trek to Chomrong village
2,170 m -06 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Himalaya 2,950 m via Dovan 2,630 m and Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m – 07 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Sinuwa 2, 680 m via Bamboo 2,345 m – 07 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Jhinu Village 1,780 m / hot spring – 05 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to the road head and drive to Pokhara 860 m -03 hrs.
Day 01: Drive from Pokhara to the starting point of the trek to Chomrong village 2,170 m -06 hrs.
Start Annapurna base camp a six days trek from beautiful Pokhara a renowned tourist destination of Nepal, and probably around the whole Himalaya region. A city full of scenic beauty located on the laps of Annapurna Himalaya and serene Phewa and Begnas Lakes, drive takes you beyond Pokhara valley to rural farm villages to reach on the foothills.
On reaching the starting point of the trek, where the adventure begins with a climb for few hours to reach at Chomrong, a large Gurung village festooned with Buddhist prayer flags on each house. Chomrong the gateway to Annapurna Sanctuary and base camp, as well the last permanent village on route Annapurna base camp, a lovely village for an overnight stop and in a nice lodge with time to explore the village.
Day 02: Trek to Himalaya 2,950 m via Dovan 2,630 m and Bamboo - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight halt at Chomrong, morning short descend to a river and then climb to reach Sinuwa danda, located on a high ridge with a few nice lodge and shops. From here walk on a gradual path through a forest of tall rhododendron, pines, and oaks trees, then descend to reach Modi River gorge at Bamboo a small nice settlement with several simple lodges amidst thick bamboo grooves.
After a short rest at Bamboo continue to walk uphill into the forest to reach at Dovan, located in a gorge above Modi River, with few nice simple lodge for overnight halt.
From Dovan continue to walk for another hour with steep ups into tall tree lines to reach a small place called Himalaya Hotel for an overnight stop, situated near a huge Hinko Cave.
Day 03: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130 m - 07 hrs.
After a short rest walk continues with steep up to reach Machhapuchare Base Camp, in short MBC located just beneath the towering North West Face of Machhapuchare Himal. The famous Fish-Tail, a mountain with twin summit tops appears a shape of a fishtail, a lovely spot 4-5 good simple lodge, and also the start of scenic Annapurna Sanctuary.
Afternoon leads to a short walk of few hours to reach at Annapurna base camp our final goal and highlights of the adventure, as the climb takes less than an hour to enter into beautiful Annapurna Sanctuary. Annapurna Sanctuary, located on a high-level field actually a plateau enclosed within an array of snow-capped peaks on both sides of the path, as walk slowly takes your right beneath towering Annapurna-I at base camp, above 4, 130 m.
The highest point of the trek and a picturesque place within remorseless fields of ice and glaciers, afternoon at leisure for a short hike, or just relax and enjoy the breathtaking panorama of Annapurna range of massive peaks that surrounds you at base camp. Enjoy overnight stop in the comfort of a nice cozy lodge facing views of Fish Tail and Annapurna-I towards west direction.
Day 04: Trek to Sinuwa 2, 680 m via Bamboo 2,345 m - 07 hrs.
Enjoy breakfast with the backdrop of massive Annapurna Himalayan peaks, return journey on the same interesting route to reach at Deurali, on leaving the sanctuary as the walk enters back into dense green vegetation and tall tree lines entering into a gorge and following Modi River downstream to Bamboo.
After a short refreshing break at Bamboo continues to walk with a short steep climb and then on a gradual winding trail to an overnight stop at Sinuwa Danda, facing lovely views of rolling hills and high peaks.
Day 05: Trek to Jhinu Village 1,780 m / hot spring - 05 hrs.
Morning from Sinuwa down on stone steps to reach at Chomrong River with a climb on steps to reach at large Chomrong village, enjoy a lunch stop at Chomrong, the afternoon with short up with long descend to reach a nice small village at Jhinu for an overnight stop, a place with natural hot spring pools by the Modi River where you can refresh yourself.
Day 06: Trek to the road head and drive to Pokhara 860 m -03 hrs.
Last day trek of the adventure a short walk down to reach on the road head for an exciting drive back to scenic Pokhara city, on reaching Pokhara by the Phewa Lakeside, where most good hotels located.
Enjoy the afternoon in Pokhara after checking into a nice hotel, facing grand views of Annapurna and Manaslu Himalaya range with majestic Machhapuchare Himal.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek:(Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Three times cup a tea.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to Siwai by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara / Kathmandu tourist bus ticket.
- Good accommodation on the trek.
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket, sleeping bag & duffle bag.
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- Farewell dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes, and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long-sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines