Everest Base Camp Trek
|05 - September 2019||12 Days||Available||USD 1299 Per Person|
|05 - October 2019||12 Days||Available||USD 1299 Per Person|
Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the popular and world highest excursion in the world. The most of adventure lovers have a dream to travel and visit at the foot of number one for once in your lifetime experience. Everest guided Trek takes to lead you to the foot Mt. Everest which towers high above at 8,848 m and 29,028 ft, as world number one peaks that borders Nepal in the south and Tibet / China towards the north. Everest region has many beautiful treks as Everest three passes trek, Everest Gokyo lake trek, and Gokyo Chola pass trek.
How many days does it take Everest base camp trek?
Everest Base Camp Trek can be finished within 12 days from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. EBC Trek starts and ends at Lukla the gateway of Sherpa town with a unique airstrip known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport tribute to legendary mountaineers who first conquered the summit of Mt. Everest by late Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary with British Expeditions led by Sir John Hunt in 29th May 1953 AD. Everest Base Camp Hike where you will have time to explore traditional Sherpa farm villages adorned with Buddhist religions and fascinating cultures with its old traditional life, where walk involves entering into lovely rhododendron, pines and oaks trees with constant views of giant peaks on daily walks. When you reached Namche Bazaar you can see a large village, a town with houses full of the lodge, hotels with excellent restaurants, stores, and shops. Where colorful Saturday market takes place once a week. At Namche for acclimatization before heading high areas, from Namche on the gradual path towards to reach famed Thyangboche monastery, offers grand views of Everest and Amadablam peaks.
The trek continues heading higher where tree lines and vegetation drops for small alpine bushes as the trail leads into high windswept terrain passing through Pangboche, Dingboche, and Lobuche. The settlement to reach at Gorakshep with two nights in the comfort of the nice cozy lodge where the hike to Everest Base Camp. After then a climb up Kalapathar to see the stunning view of Everet and high mountains. Everest base camp with super views of Khumbu Icefall and glacier and then our return journey takes you at the top of scenic Kalapathar hill, the highest spot of the adventure at 5,545 meters with grand views of Mt. Everest and other high mountains. Finally, our adventure EBC kalapathar Trek concludes, taking a smooth and scenic flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla, after a wonderful experience on Everest Base Camp Trek. Join the world highest trip in Everest base camp trek with Nepal High Trek and Expeditions.
Mode of Trekking: On hotels & Lodges basis
Trekking Grade: Moderate & Adventurous
Highest elevation: 5,545 mats Kalapathar and Everest Base Camp 5,364 m.
Trekking: 11 nights and 12 days (Lukla to Kathmandu)
Total Trip: 14 nights and 14 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Season: All season except July to Mid September monsoon wet months
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our staff and guide with warm welcome than a short drive to your hotel in the main areas of Kathmandu city, here joining with other members of Everest Base Camp Trek, our guide will brief with full information about the trek - hotels-culture with do’s and don’ts, include welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with folk programs.
Everest Base Camp Trek begins with the sweeping short flight to land at Lukla, during 30 minutes on air view of stunning mountain range with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands at Lukla named as ‘Tenzing-Hillary Airport’ in honor of legendary climbers’ first summiteers of Mt. Everest.
From Lukla, our first-day walk starts on winding downhill path with short climb passing many traditional Sherpa farm villages with views of peaks, after a pleasant walk reaching at Phakding for an overnight stop near the glacier-fed Dudh Kosi (river).
After a pleasant overnight stop in Phakding, morning walk starts following Dudh Kosi, and crossing bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo village, from here walk to last Jorsalle village before Namche Bazaar and then on crossing a last high bridge climb leads with beautiful views of Everest and other peaks, walk finally ends at famous Namche Bazaar for two overnights in this prosperous town or large village with facilities of ATMs, Cybercafes, stores, shops, restaurants, banks and fresh bakery with a busy colorful Saturday market.
Namche an ideal spot for rest and acclimatization, free day with morning short hike up to park museum with necessary information of mountaineering, flora/fauna with Sherpa culture and Buddhist religions, this scenic spot offers grand views of mountains Mt. Everest and stunning Amadablam, for interested people hike uphill to Everest View Hotel for best views of Mt. Everest and other mountains.
After a wonderful stop with free days at Namche, morning walk leads to the nice winding path through rhododendron and pine tree forest with views of Amadablam, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Thamserku, and Kwangde peak.
After a few short ups walk descends to Imjatse River at Phung Tenga, for lunch and then afternoon walk leads to a climb of few hours into the pristine forest to reach Tengboche Monastery. Tengboche Monastery located on a small plateau with wonderful views of Amadablam, Kangtenga, Thamserku, Kwangde and Mt. Everest. A holy spot as the head lama (Rinpoche) resides in this famous monastery, where mountain expedition climbers receive a blessing from a high priest (Rinpoche) for a successful and safe climb.
Morning with eye-catching views of mountains, our journey starts with a long descend through beautiful birch-rhododendron and pines forest, and then crossing a bridge over Imja Khola. From here tree lines stops for short bushes of juniper and dwarf rhododendron bushes (azalea), after the bridge, a slow climb brings your at Pangboche, this is the last permanent village further up are temporary settlements to cater the needs of travelers with fine cozy lodges.
The walk leads slowly into exposed areas of windswept landscapes with grand close views of Mt. Amadablam with gradual up and crossing the last small bridge reaches you at Dingboche for another town night stops. Dingboche located on scenic Imjatse valley a summer grazing areas for yaks, at present with many good lodges with the great panorama of mountains with views of Island peak, Lhotse-Nuptse and North Face of Amadablam.
Rest day in Dingboche for better acclimatization, morning take a slow walk uphill to Nagarjun hill for best views of surrounding peaks including Mt. Makalu towards the east, one can take a walk to Chukung the last human settlement with beautiful views along the trail, taking more than 4-5 hours and back.
After Dingboche, climb uphill for an hour then a nice good walk to Thugla ( Dugla) on the midway of Pheriche-Dingboche and Lobuche, with views of Taboche, Cholatse, Lobuche, Pumori, Amadablam. Thugla a popular lunch spot for people heading up the hill to Everest base camp, after a lunch break an hour climb to a ridge known as Thug-la pass festooned with many memorials of unfortunate climbers, who died on Everest-Lhotse-Pumori expeditions.
From this lovely spot, an hour more of pleasant walk brings you at Lobuche on route Everest base camp.
Morning walk leads on gradual trail with few short steeps up gaining high altitude with superb views of Mt. Pumori, Lingtrin, Khumbutse and Mt. Everest. After few hours of scenic trekking reaching at Gorakshep after walking past moraine and glaciers, Gorakshep with few nice lodges for an overnight stop, this isolated spot located beneath Kalapathar Hill and Pumori peak on route Everest base camp. Gorakshep was the earlier and original base camp in 1950’s to 1970’s, from here our journey continues walking over moraines and glaciers trail to reach our main highlight of the adventure at Everest base camp.
Everest Base Camp located beneath massive Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers, this super spot with immense views can be crowded during peak expedition season around April and May months, here enjoy surrounding views with Mt. Everest hidden behind high peaks of Lho-la and Nuptse. On reaching our destination and highlight return back to Gorakshep for last overnight stop around high and beautiful Khumbu Valley
Starting early morning to reach Kalapathar with the steep climb for few hours, on reaching the top of the black rocky ridge, enjoy super panorama views of giant peaks including Mt. Everest at close distance, on top Kalapathar highest point of the adventure at 5,545 m / 18,192 ft.
After a fantastic time on top of scenic Kalapathar, return walk downhill to Gorakshep and then continue trek to reach Pheriche valley for an overnight stop, walk leads on the same trail to Thugla, after crossing a small bridge then down to Pheriche windy valley. A nice walk of a few hours to reach at the end of the valley at Pheriche for an overnight stop, this windy spot has many good lodges with HRA (Himalayan Rescue Association) medical post.
DLeaving Pheriche with super morning views of Amadablam, and then on the downhill walk with a short climb then losing altitude heading past Pangboche and from the bridge back into tree lines with an hour climb to Tengboche Monastery.
Morning walk leads to long descend reaching at Imjatse River in Phunge Tenga, after crossing a bridge with short steep uphill and then on gradual winding trail to Namche Bazaar, after a short break at Namche, continue to walk on downhill to Dudh Kosi River valley, and then with short ups and downs to reach at the entrance and exit gate of Sagarmatha National Park, a short walk from brings you at Monjo village for overnight stop.
After a marvelous and enjoyable time on high Khumbu valley and ridges with super Everest base camp trek, our last day walk of this adventure leads back on the same trail to Lukla, arriving in Lunch by lunchtime with last overnight stop within Everest region, after lunch free and celebrate dinner with fellow members, staff and guides.
Waking early morning to catch the flight back to Kathmandu, transfer to Lukla airport terminal and then board in a small aircraft either twin otter or Dornier, for super scenic flight to reach at Kathmandu, on arrival in Kathmandu airport, transfer to your respective hotels with rest of day free for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
An important and necessary to have one extra day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay and cancellation, due to bad unfavorable weather which can happen sometimes as Himalayan weather is unpredictable. If all goes well as per our itinerary days, one can join in our delightful and interesting tour of Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur, all these places full of world heritage site of historical-culture and religious importance.
Your last day in Nepal, amazing country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time leaving your hotel where our staff transfers you to the airport, after a great memorable adventure with enjoyable time on Everest base camp trek.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Three night’s standard selected Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kathmandu. including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHTE’S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHTE’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide and Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- Personal Carry porter/sherpa.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines