Everest Three Pass Trek
adventure and traverse over scenic Khongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La’
Everest Three Pass Trek an adventure over high Khumbu great passes of Khongma-la, Tsho (Cho)-la and Renjo-la all above 5,000 m high, lead you to awesome experience where you feel a high overlooking array of world highest peaks from scenic high passes in the shade of mighty Mt. Everest. Three Pass Trek truly a mind-blowing journey within the complete wilderness in the harmony of picturesque scenery and local fascinating Sherpa culture of Buddhism religion, where one can explore its traditional lively villages and impressive monasteries enriched with age-old culture as the well colorful custom of Tibetan origin.
Everest High Passes trek leads you Kongma La, Chola and Renjo la Pass Trek a lifetime experienced for trekkers and adventurer as well for interested beginners and veteran mountaineers. Where one can train in this high altitude terrain filled with moraine-ice and glaciers with commanding viewpoints for an excellent panorama of peaks of Khumbu region. Everest Three Pass Trek with two options either clockwise or anti-clockwise directions, most of the trekkers at present takes anti-clockwise routes heading first towards Imjatse valley at Dingboche and Chukung to cross over high Kongma-la at above 5,535 m high. The walk and traverse take more than eight hours or more, depending upon trail conditions and time of the year to reach the designated destination at Lobuche on route Everest Base Camp Via beyond Tsho (Cho)-La pass towards Gokyo Lake and its scenic valley.
The next adventure leads you to options for a hike to Everest base camp and climb of high Kalapatthar situated at 5,545 m high with a sweeping panorama of high peaks with Everest at close distance. Everest three pass trek is the best and high adventure trek in the Everest region.
Details Itinerary of Everest 3 Pass Trek:
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our staff and guide with warm welcome than a short drive to your hotel in the main areas of Kathmandu city, here joining with other members of Everest Base Camp Trek, our guide will brief with full information about the trek – hotels-culture with do’s and don’ts, include welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with folk programs.
Everest Base Camp Trek begins with the sweeping short flight to land at Lukla, during 30 minutes on air view of stunning mountain range with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands at Lukla named as ‘Tenzing-Hillary Airport’ in honor of legendary climbers’ first summiteers of Mt. Everest.
From Lukla, our first-day walk starts on winding downhill path with short climb passing many traditional Sherpa farm villages with views of peaks, after a pleasant walk reaching at Phakding for an overnight stop near the glacier-fed Dudh Kosi (river).
After a pleasant overnight stop in Phakding, morning walk starts following Dudh Kosi, and crossing bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo village, from here walk to last Jorsalle village before Namche Bazaar and then on crossing a last high bridge climb leads with beautiful views of Everest and other peaks, walk finally ends at famous Namche Bazaar for two overnights in this prosperous town or large village with facilities of ATMs, Cybercafes, stores, shops, restaurants, banks and fresh bakery with a busy colorful Saturday market.
Namche an ideal spot for rest and acclimatization, free day with morning short hike up to park museum with necessary information of mountaineering, flora/fauna with Sherpa culture and Buddhist religions, this scenic spot offers grand views of mountains Mt. Everest and stunning Amadablam, for interested people hike uphill to Everest View Hotel for best views of Mt. Everest and other mountains.
A good day walk with pleasant trail through enchanting forest of rhododendron, oaks and pines trees, then passing small farm villages following the Bhote Kosi River upstream and to Thamo village with a small hydro project that supplies hydroelectricity to most of Khumbu area, from this village continue walk then reaching a small bridge, with beautiful Buddhist Rock Wall Paintings on the rocky wall, from the bridge a short walk to Thame a quiet and sleepy village seldom frequented by trekkers, at Thame with time visit one of the oldest monasteries of the region.
Morning with time visit of the monastery and then walk towards our first pass of the adventure, as the route leads to Marlung village above Bhote Kosi River, past villages of Thyangmoche and Hungmo, and then walking into complete wilderness passing yak grazing land, onwards walk leads to arid terrain of sparse vegetation, finally our walk reach our overnight stop at Marlung after Taranga village.
The journey continues to Lungden near an old salt trade trail of Khumbu and Tibet, our route diverts from Tibet border route heading northeast, walking for few hours to our overnight stop at Lungdeng a small village with fantastic views of surrounding high snow mountains.
From Lungden a long tough day to cross over the first high pass of the adventure, walk follows to frozen ponds beneath Renjo La pass, our walk leads to cross the pass with marvelous views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche, and then crossing Renjo La pass at 5,465 m / 17,929 ft, one of the most difficult section of this adventure, after enjoying the views downhill to Gokyo valley for overnight stop in the comfort of a nice lodge overlooking Gokyo glacial lake.
A rest day which allows you to acclimatize better, with time to skirt surrounding area of this valley with stunning views of first and the second lake of Gokyo valley.
A steep hike uphill early morning to catch striking sunrise over mountains from Gokyo Ri at above 5,357 m, after a climb rewarded with brilliant views of world’s highest mountains from Mt. Cho Oyo 8,201 m, straddles border with Tibet along with Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest 8,848 m, worlds 4th highest Mt. Lhotse 8,516 m, Cholatse, Taweche and towards east worlds 05th highest Mt. Makalu at 8,463 m. After a great time on top of Gokyo Ri, downhill to Gokyo and then continue few hours walk to Thangnag along glacier and moraines to reach a small settlement of Thangnag for an overnight stop.
Today, another Big Day! Crossing high Cho-la pass ( Tsho-la) with an early breakfast walk leads to a step up and then crossing glacier of the eastern side. The top of Cho-la at 5,367m and sometimes it can be challenging to cross in snow conditions; the top offers excellent views of high mountains and of Cholatse Glacier, from here descend carefully to a small lake on the way to Dzongla for an overnight stop after a tough morning and day walk.
Today’s walk leads to Lobuche following a path that descends to yak herder’s summer pastures. Then the walk climbs up to the terminal debris of Khumbu Glacier and continues on the pleasant gradual path all the way to Lobuche for an overnight stay, Lobuche a small hidden settlement with about ten or more nice lodges.
Morning walk leads on a gradual trail with few short steeps up gaining high altitude with superb views of Mt. Pumori, Lingerie, Khumbutse, and Mt. Everest. After few hours of scenic trekking reaching at Gorakshep after walking past moraine and glaciers, Gorakshep with few nice lodges for an overnight stop, this isolated spot located beneath Kalapathar Hill and Pumori peak on route Everest base camp.
Everest Base Camp located beneath massive Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers, this super spot with immense views can be crowded during peak expedition season around April and May months, here enjoy surrounding views with Mt. Everest hidden behind high peaks of Lho-la and Nuptse and walk back to Gorakshep for an overnight stop.
Morning climb to Kalapathar for fantastic view of Mt. Everest and other adjoining peaks, Kalapathar at 5,545 m offers entire south face of Mt. Everest at the closest, after an exciting moment heading back to Gorakshep and continue the journey all the way to Lobuche for lunch and overnight stop, afternoon at leisure rest and preparation for the last high pass of the adventure.
Today our last tough and Big Day! crossing the last pass over Kongma La, starting early before dawn, morning walk leads towards Khumbu glacier and moraine, walk with care on the misleading icy glacial path, from here onwards our route leads on rocky trail beneath Kongma-la and the peak of Kongma or Mehra, after a short good rest traverse the Kongma-La pass at 5,535 m / 18,159 ft enclosed between the great Nuptse wall, Mehara and Pokalde peaks, after a long descend walk leads on a pleasant trail to join at Imjatse wide valley with incredible views of Island peak, Amadablam, and other high peaks. On reaching at Bibre at Imjatse valley few hours of nice walk brings you at Dingboche village with many fine lodges, after a hard day walk retires in one of the nice and cozy lodges for overnight at Dingboche.
Leaving Dingboche with super morning views of Amadablam, and then on downhill walk with short climb then losing altitude heading past Pangboche and from the bridge back into tree lines with an hour climb to Tengboche Monastery, a beautiful and scenic spot surrounded with mountain views including Everest and majestic Amadablam, time here to visit Tengboche interesting monastery.
Morning walk leads to long descend reaching at Imjatse River in Phunge Tenga, after crossing a bridge with short steep uphill and then on gradual winding trail to Namche Bazaar, after a short break at Namche, continue to walk on downhill to Dudh Kosi River valley, and then with short ups and downs to reach at the entrance and exit gate of Sagarmatha National Park, a short walk from brings you at Monjo village for overnight stop.
After a marvelous and enjoyable time on high Khumbu valley and ridges with super Everest Three Passes trek, our last day walks of this adventure leads you back to Lukla, reaching by Lunch and for last overnight stop, after lunch free and celebrate dinner with fellow members, staff and guides.
Waking early morning to catch the flight back to Kathmandu, transfer to Lukla airport terminal and then board in a small aircraft either twin otter or Dornier, for super scenic flight to reach at Kathmandu, on arrival in Kathmandu airport, transfer to your respective hotels with rest of day free for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
An important and necessary to have one extra day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay and cancellation, due to bad unfavorable weather which can happen sometimes as Himalayan weather is unpredictable. If all goes well as per our itinerary days, one can join in our delightful and interesting tour of Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur, all these places full of world heritage site of historical-culture and religious importance.
Your last day in Nepal, amazing country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time leaving your hotel where our staff transfers you to an airport, after a great memorable adventure with enjoyable time on Everest Three Passes trek.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s standard selected Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kathmandu. including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHT’S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines