Everest Three Passes Trek
adventure and traverse over scenic Khongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La'
Everest Three Passes Trekking, an adventure over high Khumbu great passes of Khongma-la, Tsho (Cho)-la and Renjo-la all above 5,000 m high, leads you to awesome experience where you feel a high overlooking array of world highest peaks from scenic high passes in the shade of mighty Mt. Everest.
Everest Three Passes Trekking truly a mind-blowing journey within the complete wilderness in the harmony of picturesque scenery and local fascinating Sherpa culture of Buddhism religion, where one can explore its traditional lively villages and impressive monasteries enriched with age-old culture as the well colorful custom of Tibetan origin.
Everest Three Passes Trekking an adventure for experienced trekkers and adventurer as well for interested beginners and veteran mountaineers where one can train in this high altitude terrain filled with moraine-ice and glaciers with commanding viewpoints for an excellent panorama of peaks of Khumbu region.
Everest Three Passes Trekking with two options either clockwise or anti-clockwise directions, most of the trekkers at present takes anti-clockwise routes heading first towards Imjatse valley at Dingboche and Chukung to cross over high Kongma-la at above 5,535 m high.
The walk and traverse take more than eight hours or more, depending upon trail conditions and time of the year to reach the designated destination at Lobuche on route Everest Base Camp and beyond Tsho (Cho)-La pass towards Gokyo Lake and its scenic valley.
Next adventure leads you to options for a hike to Everest base camp and climb of high Kalapatthar situated at 5,545 m high with a sweeping panorama of high peaks with Everest at close distance.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m – 04 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m – 05 hrs.
Day 04: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 05: Trek to Thame 3,800 m – 05 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Marlung 4,137m – 05 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Lungdeng 4, 600m – 04 hours.
Day 08: Cross Renjo- La 5,465m trek to Gokyo Lake 4,800 m – 07 hrs.
Day 09: Rest day at Gokyo Lake preparation for Tsho – la pass.
Day 10: Hike to Gokyo Ri 5,330m trek to Thagnag 4,750 m – 04 hrs.
Day 11: Cross Tsho – la Pass 5,367 m and to Dzongla 4,850m – 07 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m – 05 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Gorak Shep 5,170 m to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m.
Day 14: Hike to Kalapathar 5,545 m and trek to Lobuche – 04 hrs.
Day 15: Cross Kongma La 5,535m and to Dingboche 4,340m – 07 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Tengboche – 05 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Monjo 2,860m – 06 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla – 04 hrs.
Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 20: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Day 21: International departure homeward bound.
Everest Base Camp Trek begins with sweeping short flight to land at Lukla, during 30 minutes on air view of stunning mountain range with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands at Lukla named as ‘Tenzing-Hillary Airport’ in honor of legendry climbers’ first summiteers of Mt. Everest.
From Lukla our first day walk starts on winding downhill path with short climb passing many traditional Sherpa farm villages with views of peaks, after a pleasant walk reaching at Phakding for overnight stop near the glacier fed Dudh Kosi (river).
A good day walk with pleasant trail through enchanting forest of rhododendron, oaks and pines trees, then passing small farm villages following the Bhote Kosi River upstream and to Thamo village with a small hydro project that supplies hydro electricity to most of Khumbu area, from this village continue walk then reaching a small bridge, with beautiful Buddhist Rock Wall Paintings on the rocky wall, from the bridge a short walk to Thame a quiet and sleepy village seldom frequented by trekkers, at Thame with time visit one of the oldest monastery of the region.
Morning with time visit of the monastery and then walk towards our first pass of theadventure, as the route leads to Marlung village above Bhote Kosi River, past villages of Thyangmoche and Hungmo, and then walking into complete wilderness passing yak grazing land, onwards walk leads to arid terrain of sparse vegetation, finally our walk reach our overnight stop at Marlung after Taranga village.
From Lungden a long tough day to cross over the first high pass of the adventure, walk follows to frozen ponds beneath Renjo La pass, our walk leads to cross the pass with marvelous views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche, and then crossing Renjo La pass at 5,465 m / 17,929 ft, one of the most difficult section of this adventure, after enjoying the views downhill to Gokyo valley for overnight stop in the comfort of a nice lodge overlooking Gokyo glacial lake.
A rest day which allows you to acclimatize better, with time to skirt surrounding area of this valley with stunning views of first and the second lake of Gokyo valley.
A steep hike up hill early morning to catch striking sunrise over mountains from Gokyo Ri at above 5,357 m, after a climb rewarded with brilliant views of world’s highest mountains from Mt. Cho Oyo 8,201 m, straddles border with Tibet along with Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest 8,848 m, worlds 4th highest Mt. Lhotse 8,516 m, Cholatse, Taweche and towards east worlds 05th highest Mt. Makalu at 8,463 m. After a great time on top of Gokyo Ri, downhill to Gokyo and then continue few hours walks to Thangnag along glacier and moraines to reach a small settlement of Thangnag for overnight stop.
Morning walk leads on gradual trail with few short steep up gaining high altitude with superb views of Mt. Pumori, Lingtrin, Khumbutse and Mt. Everest. After few hours of scenic trekking reaching at Gorakshep after walking past moraine and glaciers, Gorakshep with few nice lodges for overnight stop, this isolated spot located beneath Kalapathar Hill and Pumori peak on route Everest base camp.
Everest Base Camp located beneath massive Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers, this super spot with immense views can be crowded during peak expedition season around April and May months, here enjoy surrounding views with Mt. Everest hidden behind high peaks of Lho-la and Nuptse and walk back to Gorakshep for overnight stop.
Today our last tough and Big Day! crossing the last pass over Kongma La, starting early before dawn, morning walk leads towards Khumbu glacier and moraine, walk with caref on the misleading icy glacial path, from here onwards our route leads on rocky trail beneath Kongma-la and the peak of Kongma or Mehra, after a short good rest traverse the Kongma-la pass at 5,535 m / 18,159 ft enclosed between the great Nuptse wall, Mehara and Pokalde peaks, after a long descend walk leads on a pleasant trail to join at Imjatse wide valley with incredible views of Island peak, Amadablam and other high peaks. On reaching at Bibre at Imjatse valley few hours of nice walk brings you at Dingboche village with many fine lodges, after a hard day walk retire in one of the nice and cozy lodge for overnight at Dingboche.
An important and necessary to have one extra day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay and cancellation, due to bad unfavorable weather which can happen sometimes as Himalayan weather is unpredictable. If all goes well as per our itinerary days, one can join in our delightful and interesting tour of Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur, all these places full of world heritage site of historical-culture and religious importance.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s standard selected Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kathmandu. including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHT’S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.