Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang valley trekking is the best destination in the Langtang region. Langtang valley trekking leads you marvelous short moderate walks with ups and downhill to encounter on this wonderful trek with touch of high altitude at Kyanjin Gompa within beautiful and scenic Langtang valley surrounded by massive chain of Langtang Himal that includes Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorji Lakpa, Langshisa, Naya-Kanga / Ganja La Himal and Yala peaks.
Langtang trekking, where you will enjoy have a wonderful time with local Tamang immense culture and its ancient traditional culture and heritage of Buddhism religion similar Tibetans where the border is a mere distance from the route of Langtang valley trek. Beside marvelous scenery of mountains, the culture and traditional life of the natives is equally fascinating, as this walk leads you into a green alpine forest covered with tall rhododendron, magnolia, pines, oaks and fir tree lines.
In spring and summer, the whole hills turn into paradise when wildflowers are in full blooming season, as this trek also leads you into the country of snow-leopard and elusive endangered Red Panda, hardly seen but exists around this enchanting forested areas with bamboo thickets.
Starting this wonderful journey taking a drive from Kathmandu to reach North West rim of the valley at Nuwakott warmer areas, as the drive continues further north to the cooler area at Dhunche town located above 1,950 m where Langtang National Park begins.
Langtang Valley trekking begins after driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi village, and then heading higher past farm villages and well-tended fields with rows of terraces to reach into a River gorge covered within thick vegetation and tall tree lines and then heading higher as tree lines stop for short alpine bushes and shrubs at Langtang valley.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our staff and guide with warm welcome then a short drive to your hotel in the main areas of Kathmandu city, here joining with other members of Langtang trekking, our guide will brief with full information about the trek – hotels-culture with do’s and don’ts, include welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with folk programs.
As per the given time for sightseeing tour around Kathmandu, after breakfast our city and tour guide will pick you with short interesting drive for an impressive and exciting tour, Kathmandu although a metropolitan city retaining its ancient culture and traditions, where most of the World Heritage Sites are located for your interest, includes medieval period custom and culture as it was for hundreds of centuries, Kathmandu valley a blend of Buddhism and Hinduism in perfect harmony, after an interesting tour afternoon free preparation for Langtang Trekking.
Langtang Valley Panorama trekking, begins with an exciting overland drive towards North West from Kathmandu around Nepal’s Central Himalaya region, a scenic journey leading past many farm villages and towns to reach our destination at Syabrubesi village, located in Rasuwa district of Langtang area and the gateway to various trekking around Langtang-Ganesh and also on route to Tibet border, overnight stop in a nice local lodge with friendly and warm hospitality of Tamang people the main inhabitants of Langtang areas and around Rasuwa district.
Beginning our first day walk with a climb for few hours heading towards scattered farm areas and villages, the walk continues near Riverside and Bamboo place with few teahouses and lodges. After a refreshing break, our walk continues into the cool forest of rhododendron, oaks and pines trees entering a gorge following upper Trisuli River, fed from the glacier of Langtang peaks, then completing the day walk at Lama Hotel for an overnight stop.
After a pleasant overnight with the sound of the river flowing, morning walk starts heading uphill through a gorge of dense forest, then reaching a nice spot at Ghoretabla (horse stable), from here altitude gains slowly and air gets cooler.
After lunch break walk continues to Langtang village for an overnight stop as the walk leads past woodland and then coming into a wider area at Lantang village, a nice moderate size village of Tamang and Bhotia’s tribe peoples. (This village and up to Kyanjin was completely destroyed by an avalanche of 25th April and 12th May 2015 huge earthquakes).
Today on the trail and first highlight of the adventure, as the morning trek leads to Kyanjin Gompa at Langtang valley, the walk follows with short steep up as tree lines drops for short bushes of rhododendron, juniper, and prickly Burberry bushes. Our walk slowly enters a wide beautiful glacial valley with views of high snowcapped mountains on both side of the valley, after a scenic and nice morning walk reaching at Kyanjin Gompa for an overnight stop. Kyanjin located at picturesque Langtang valley with wide green meadows actually a summer pasture and grazing land for Yaks.
This lovely spot offers views of Langtang Lirung glacier and icefall at close distance, Kyanjin named after an old Gompa (monastery) at present in near ruins perched on a rocky moraine ridge top, at Kyanjin visit Yak Cheese Factory established 30 years ago with the help and support of Swiss technical assistance.
An ideal and a perfect spot for a rest day at Kyanjin, where you can enjoy the pristine environment with views of mountains, from this beautiful spot take a short hike on top of Tsergo Ri at 5,033m for better views. Climb to Tsergo Ri leads to steep slopes rewarding you with the fabulous panorama of surrounding mountains.
From Kyanjin and on top Tsergo-ri offers views of Chimsedang Lekh, and Kangjal Himal with ridge of peaks bordering the valley to the south, Naya Kanga 5,844m, stunning views of the great mountains flanking the Langtang valley,including Ganchenpo 6,387m, Dorje Lakpa 6,990 m, Pemthang Karpo Ri 6,830m, Langtang Lirung 7,245m and across the northern boundary in Tibet rises the huge massive Shishapangma 8,046 m the last worlds 14th highest mountain located wholly in Tibet.
After a pleasant and exciting overnight and rest day at Kyanjin and beautiful Langtang valley, morning walk leading to a long descend to Lama Hotel passing via Langtang village and Ghoretabla following Langtang Khola and back at Lama Hotel for an overnight stop.
Today’s walk will be pleasant on losing altitude with downhill walk to Syabrubesi, morning walk follows through cool shade of the forest and then reaching a River Side, from here our route diverts to a long descend past several farm villages and terraces to reach a bridge and then a gradual nice walk concludes our Langtang trekking at Syabrubesi for the drive back to Kathmandu.
After a great enjoyable time around central Himalaya with glorious views, morning depart for Kathmandu with an interesting overland drive to Kathmandu after a grand time on the high hills of Langtang trekking, in Kathmandu afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
Your last day in Nepal, amazing country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time leaving your hotel where our staff transfers you to the airport, after a great memorable adventure with enjoyable time on Langtang Trekking.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460m – 07 hours journey.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,470m – 06 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village 3,430m – 06 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,870m- 04 hours.
Day 07: In Kyanjin Gompa rest day for acclimatization with a short hike.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel – 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi – 05 hrs.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 11: Final International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- During the trek three times meal (Breakfast, lunch, and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.Langtang valley permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by the tour guide, samba, Bouda, Pashupatinath.
- Kathmandu to Syabru Besi, Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Four times tea or coffee
- During the trek fresh fruit.
- Government register expert and knowledgeable trekking Guide
- One porter for two guests to carry belongings And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate of Nepal High Trek.
- Nepal High Trek’s down jacket and sleeping bags (if you needed)
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Trekking map and poles
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines