Lobuche East Peak Climbing
Lobuche East Peak Climbing is one of the best and high technical peaks to climb although a lesser mountain of just 6,119 m and 20,192 ft high but requires strong physical fitness and positive attitude to reach the summit Lobuche East Peak Climb.
Lobuche East Peak located South West of Everest base camp close to Cho-la pass which is a well-hidden peak till one reaches near Lobuche and Thugla areas where you can view its twin peaks of Lobuche East and West high above Khumbu valley.
The grade of the climb is quite technical of 'TD' "Technical Difficult" where climbers have to face quite effort to reach the summit of Lobuche East Peak climb with proper guidance from our expert climbing guides who will support you throughout the climb.
Lobuche East Peak climbs determined after much practice with acclimatization days to cope with the altitude, where our walk leads you to Everest Base Camp and climb of high Kalapathar top above 5,545 with a stunning panorama of surrounding peaks with Everest at close distance.
This walk to Everest base camp and climb up to Kalapathar will certainly help and support you acclimatizing with the altitude and ready for the big climb on top Lobuche East Peak.
Beginning the adventure to Lobuche East Peak Climb, taking a sweeping short in a small aircraft to land at Lukla town, and then walking on a gradual scenic path with some ups and down following Dudh Kosi River upstream to reach Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo village.
The walk continues with a strenuous uphill to Namche Bazaar and then towards beautiful and scenic Thyangboche and its interesting monastery surrounded by green woodland and mountain views with Mt. Everest and majestic Amadablam.
From here onward leaving the green vegetation and tree lines for the windswept high country on arid and barren terrain as walks climb up to reach first at Everest base camp and Kalapathar.
Then heading for the main big adventure towards Lobuche East Peak base camp on tented camps for few days after a tough and exciting ascent to the top of Lobuche East Peak then heading down to Lukla for the scenic flight back to Kathmandu with the glorious moment and adventure on Lobuche East Peak Climb.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu (1,350m)
Day 02: Kathmandu (1350m): Trip preparation & Sightseeing
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m) then trek to Phakding (2,660m): 30 min flight, 3 hours trek
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m): 5-6 hours
Day 05: Namche Bazaar (3,440 m): Acclimatization (Everest View Hotel)
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Phortse (3,860m): 5- 6 hours
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m): 5-6 hours
Day 08: Dingboche: Acclimatization
Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche (4930 m): 5-6 hours
Day 10: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m): 6-7 hours
Day 11: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545m) and back to Lobuche (4940m): 7-8 hours
Day 12: Lobuche to High Camp (5,400m): 3-4 hours
Day 13: Lobuche High Camp to Summit (6119m/20,070 ft) and back to High Camp: 8-10 hours
Day 14: Lobuche High Camp to Tengboche (3880m): 8-9 hours
Day 15: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar: 4-5 hours
Day 16: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6-7 hours
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 18: Final departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide(leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping
- Tea or coffee during the trek
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment
- Medical kit (carried by your guide)
- All government and local taxes
Cost does not include on:
- Nepalese visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters