Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek an adventure of a unique combination of the marvelous and hidden country of Tsum known as the valley of Happiness in ancient Tibetan language called as ‘Beyul Kyimolung’ that leads you at 3,730 m / 12, 309 ft high at Mu Gompa at the end of Tsum high valley. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is part of the Manaslu circuit trek. TsumValley with Manaslu Circuit Trek where one can be in the world of your own within blissful natural surroundings away from modern civilization in complete harmony of mountains and local medieval culture intact with old Buddhism similar to Tibetans which is just across the border beyond Mu Gompa.
Tsum Valley Trek leads you in between massive peaks Ganesh Himal was known as Yangra and Manaslu mountains also called Kutang in the local language of Tibetan origin, truly an impressive journey that takes you in the far-flung corners and pockets of Nepal Far North Mid- Western Himalayan range around high Gorkha district, ancient home of late Shah monarch. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek commences with an exciting scenic overland drive from Kathmandu heading towards Trisuli River on the main busy highway of Nepal, and the route diverts towards Dhading and Gorkha areas to reach warmer low country filled with vast agriculture fields and terraces at Arughat town.
Following the raging Buri-Gandaki upstream for some days past Soti-Khola, Machha-Khola, Philip, and Jagat where the route to Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek splits as walks lead towards Lakuwa as our trail heading towards North-East to reach within beautiful Tsum Valley areas and away from mainstream trekking trails. From here onward into remote villages where people of Tibetan origin the Tsum people with similar languages that match with Tibetan along with a traditional way of living with age-old culture and colorful heritage of Buddhism religion.
The temperatures get cooler as our walks near close to mountains as the altitude rises slowly to reach Chumling, Chokan Paro and finally at Mu Gompa at 3,700 m high. Here with time enjoy the beautiful landscapes and mountain views and then heading back on the same trail back to Soti-Khola within warmer areas for the drive back to Kathmandu, after a mesmerizing time in Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking.
On your arrival to Kathmandu at TIA, a representative of Nepal High Trek& Expedition will warmly welcome you to Nepal. He/She will guide you towards the room of the hotel of Nepal booked for you. Arrival day can be either rest day or sightseeing day of Kathmandu valley. The night will be at the hotel with a discussion about the tour and enjoying the delicious dinner.
Today, we spend the whole for the sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley with a guide. After having breakfast, we visit Pashupatinath, which is regarded as the holiest temple of Lord Shiva then to Bauddhanath known as Little Tibet. From Bauddhanath, we visit Swayambhunath known as Monkey Temple which is an ancient religious place for Buddhists. After Swayambhunath, we drive to Kathmandu (Basantpur) Durbar Square. Finally, you will have dinner at the hotel and stay there overnight.
Today, we will start our trek to Manaslu tusm valley. We will drive to Arughat from Kathmandu valley. We drive through the route of Dhading Besi to reach Arughat. Our journey will be around eight hours for our bus to get there. After reaching there we stay overnight there.
From Arughat, we continue our journey following the Budhi Gandaki River. We will pass through the village of Molder and Simre then reach Arkhat River. We move upward slowly to Kyoropani. We will set up our camp near the confluence of Seti River. We can have a bath in Seti River and stay overnight at tented camps.
After soti khola we walk down till we climb again to mountain ridge to Almara. Then we pass the forest to reach Riden Gaon. After reaching Lambeshi, we will follow the sandy river bed of Budhi Gandaki. We will stay the night at Machha Khola.
Early morning after breakfast we walk to Khrola Besi. We move to Tatopani and enjoy the natural hot spring. We will follow the trail through the forest. Then we will reach Dovan and to Jagat. We will stay the night at tented accommodation.
From Jagat we climb over a rocky ridge to Salleri and descend to Sirdibas to reach Ghatta Khola. We will continue upstream to a long simple suspension bridge and reach Gurung settlement of Philim. From there we trek further to Chisopani where we stay a night.
After having breakfast, we walk towards Ekle Bhatti and enter into the pine forest. We descend towards Tsum Valley. From there we enter into the dense forest of pine and rhododendrons. By looking at the magnificent Himalayan ranges, we will reach Chumling where we stay overnight.
Today, we walk uphill and descend to cross the bridge. We will pass through Rainham and reach the valley of Tsum. Chhokangparo is known to be the largest village of Tsum valley. There we will enjoy with people and stay overnight at tented accommodation.
From Chhokanparo, we walk forward for Lama Gaun. We will cross the monasteries and Gompa. We will climb the Milarepa’s Cave and visit Buddhist meditation centers. We will trek through Phurbe and Pang and reach the village of Nile. We stay overnight at tented accommodation in the Nile.
Today walk for about 5 hours, heading towards the last village at Samdo which is close to Tibet border, the locals have long traditions trading with Tibet where you can find many Chinese goods. Morning walk leads with a gradual climb into the dry barren country with views of snowcapped peaks and then finally ending the day walk at Samdo village for an overnight stop.
Early morning after breakfast, we ascend to Mu Gompa passing through monastery of Tsum Valley. Mu Gompa is located at the highest point of Tsum Valley. So we hike around this village exploring Kalung and visit Dhephyudonma Gompa. We stay overnight by enjoying at tented accommodation.
Today is the rest day. We explore the whole Mu Gompa region in the daytime. Mu Gompa is the largest monastery in the region and is located at the highest point of Tsum Valley. After visiting the whole day we will return back and stay overnight at tented accommodation.
From Mu Gompa, we trek back to Chhule and Phurbe which is on the east bank of the Shiar Khola. We arrive at the beautiful village of Burgi then climb up to the Milarepa Cave. It is well known for its mesmerizing glimpses of Poshyop Glacier and Mount Churke. We will stay overnight at tented accommodation at Burgi village.
After having breakfast we continue walking through the greenery of nature then descend down to Chhokang Paro. Descending continuously to Gho, we reach Chumling. We will enjoy with the people and we stay overnight at tented accommodation in Chumling.
From Gho morning walk is much easier on the downhill path most of the way to Manang area at Telje village by the Marysangdi River, after this village an hour climb brings you at Dharapani a large village with many fine lodges on Annapurna Circuit trekking trail.
Early morning after having breakfast we continue to Lokpa and move ahead on a flat trail ahead overlooking the gorgeous Samba Falls. We can take some photos. We will reach Philim unknowing after about six hours. We stay overnight at tented camp in Philim.
From Philim, we again move towards Jagat and Tatopani and reach Khorlabeshi. Again we descend down to Sirdibas and arrive at Jagat. Then we continue trekking through Tatopani and arrive at Kholabeshi where we stay overnight at tented accommodation.
Today, we will cross Tharo Khola following in a rocky ravine. Then we head down again to the river and traverse to Machha Khola of gurung village of Labubeshi trekking along the Budhi Gandaki River to reach Soti Khola. We will stay overnight at tented accommodation.
From Soti Khola, we climb up the ridge of Kyorpani. Then descend down to the cascading waterfall. We will pass through the Sante Bazaar. After the walk of 7 hours, we eventually reach Arughat. We will stay overnight at tented camp.
After completing the whole Tsum valley trekking, we will catch a bus and drive back to Kathmandu from Arughat. Drive will be about 8 hours. In the evening, we can join the farewell dinner with our trekking team. We stay overnight at a hotel at Kathmandu.
After having a relaxing night at Kathmandu, finally, the day of returning back to our home country and busy schedule has come with the ending of our interesting tour over to the highlands of Nepal. Nepal High Trek & Expedition will organize a small farewell program at the airport and will help for any inconvenience that may arise during the departure. We wish for your better journey ahead.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- During the trek three times meal (Breakfast, lunch, and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.Manaslu special permit and ACAP permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by the tour guide, syambhu, Bouda, Pashupatinath.
- Kathmandu to Arughat, Besi Sahar to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Four times tea or coffee
- During the trek fresh fruit.
- Government register expert and knowledgeable trekking Guide
- One porter for two guests to carry belongings And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate of Nepal High Trek.
- Nepal High Trek’s down jacket and sleeping bags (if you needed)
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Trekking map and poles
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines