Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley Trek is the most beautiful and thrilling foot hike journey to the Annapurna region. On 12 Days Nar Phu Trek Itinerary is designed for the cultural and adventure trekkers. While trekkers would like to fun with remote are and discover the untouched valley of Nar Phu Valley. The Nar Phu Valley Trek following to popular Annapurna circuit trail via Besisahar, Bahundanda, Tal, Dharapani, and Koto. The trek leads you into the high landscape, Panoramic views of the cool surrounding, far off villages, precise cultures, and unspoiled beautiful forests are the primary theme of this hiking. Our trail goes thru hard direction that cuts the side of the cliff and around the Nar Phu valley inspired by the aid of the Tibetan lifestyle.
Nar Phu via Kang La Pass Trek a delightful and epic adventure holiday in the Annapurna Conservation Area. Nar Phu Valley is less crowed and fewer trekkers on the trek. While most of the trekkers feel peaceful and more comfortable than Annapurna Circuit Trek. The trek takes you to explore the local hidden Tibetan culture and magnificent views of Annapurna Himalaya with high Thorong La Pass then descent to Muktinath, Kagbeni, and Jomsom valley. When we back to Jomsom then we will fly to Pokhara then drive to Kathmandu.
Best time trek to the Nar Phu Valley:
The March to May around spring season as well in autumn and pre-winter September to December months. March to May lively when wildflowers are in seasonal bloom also, especially the rhododendron of various colors and species. Springtime with much longer sun-light hours can get cold with late afternoon strong winds, freezing temperatures morning and night time. September to December clear days for pleasant walks and views but with shorter days and sunlight hours can be freezing cold in the morning and night time with chances of snow.
The representatives from Nepal High Trek & Expedition Pvt. Ltd. will welcome you at TIA. Then we will take you towards the hotel arranged by our company for the overnight stay. We will have a discussion about trekking with delicious dinner programs.
Our first task of the day is to take trekking permit. Then we will visit the main places of Kathmandu valley. Some of them are Pashupatinath, Bauddhanath, and Swayambhunath. Pashupatinath is the oldest and holiest Hindu temple; Bauddhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa are the oldest Buddhist Stupas. After launch, we will visit Kathmandu durbar square and Patan Durbar square where Kumari temple can be seen, the temple of the Living Goddess.
After talking the morning breakfast, we take a drive to Besishahar from Kathmandu. It’s a distance of 185 kilometers and takes about 7 hours to reach there. Besishahar offers you the beautiful views of snowcapped mountains around with the beautiful scenery. We stay overnight at a guesthouse.
Our real trek starts from Besishahar. We climb to Khudi, which is the first Gurung village of this region. Then we climb to Bhulbhule passing through Lampata. We eventually reach Bahundanda. It offers the wonderful cultural side of Nepal. We stay overnight at a guesthouse.
From Bahundanda, our trail goes steeply to Syange. On the way, we can see a large waterfall. We will cross the suspension bridge over the Marsyangdi River. We follow the river to the stone village of Jagat before climbing through the forests to Chamje. We stay overnight at a guesthouse.
Crossing Marsyangdi River to the east bank we will reach Dharapani. We follow the trail of the river embankment. We will pass through the overhanging rocks, several villages like Tal Beshi and Tal Karte in route. We eventually reach Dharapani where we stay overnight at a guesthouse.
After walking some time we have our breakfast at Bagarchhap. Then we start trekking towards Koto. Our trail goes to mule track through the dense pine and oak forest. During the trek, we will also get to explore the rich culture of Koto. We stay overnight at Koto.
Today, our journey is going to be quite long and somewhat difficult. We need to pass several small caves and pilgrims on the way. And continuously walking for about 7 hours will bring us to Dharmasala where we spend overnight at a guesthouse.
We will have a steep climb up the valley along a small and scenic river. It brings us to high pastures. We will also pass through scenic Meta Kharka a non-permanent winter settlement of Nar. Finally, we reach the village of Kayanag. We will spend overnight at a tented camp.
From Kayang, we will move steeply down to the river. We have to trek for a while along the river bank. We need to pass some possible campsites on the way. Then we will reach the village of Nar. We will spend overnight at a tented camp.
Today we will spend our full day by visiting all the places in Phu Valley. We get an opportunity to meet the local Phu residents. Through them, we can know about their culture. We will return back to the hotel to spend our night.
We descend to the river back through Phu gate. Then we retrace our steps back to the Junam Khola. In our way, we can see many beautiful things around us. We stay overnight at our campsite.
Today can be also another classic Himalayan trekking day for us. We will descend down to the old bridge spanning a deep and contoured narrow gorge. Then we return back again and reach the Nar gates at the top of the hill. We stay overnight at our campsite.
We take this whole day for the exploration of Nar village. Nar is a bit more social and lively than Phu. In Nar, you will have a close look at the local culture and lifestyle. We stay overnight at a campsite.
From Nar, we head for Ngwal today. Today, we have to cross Kang La pass which is not a difficult pass but it could be a long day if there is snow on the pass. After crossing the spectacular pass of Kang La, we eventually reach Ngwal where we set up our camp for the overnight stay.
From Ngwal, we head for Manang today. We pass through the isolated village of Paugh overlooking the amazing views of Annapurna range. We then move gently uphill to Mungli and then to the main trail of Annapurna Trail at Mungli. We eventually reach Manang, where we set up our camps for an overnight stay.
From Manang, we trek to Letdar today following the ascending trail via several places including Tergi and Yak Kharka. After crossing the Thorong La Pass, we reach Letdar where we set up camps for our overnight stay.
Today, our mountain path leads continuously to climb along the east bank of the JarjungKhola from Letdar. After making a short ascent, we reach ThorongPhedi or Thorong High Camp. We set up a campsite at ThorongPhedi and stay overnight.
Our journey today is going to be quite long today. So we start early in the morning before sunrise to reach the Pass by 9 am. We have to consider the weather conditions that might greatly affect our journey particularly at the Thorung La pass which is at the altitude of 5416m. We have to climb steeply on a regular route which is quite easy to follow.
Today, we head onward after exploring the Muktinath Area and pass through the ancient caves. On the way, we can enjoy the panorama of the impressive White Mountains. On reaching Kagbeni, we check in the hotel and stay overnight.
We follow the same trail back to Kagbeni. And following the trail down to the EkleBhatti, we step towards Jomsom again. We stay overnight at a guesthouse.
From Jomsom, we take a morning flight to Pokhara, which takes about 25 minutes. Upon arrival at Pokhara, we drive to the hotel and in the remaining day, we take our time for the sightseeing of the beautiful city of Pokhara, which is the best tourist destination in Nepal. We explore the number of mysterious caves and temples. We take our time to enjoy boating in Fewa Lake and explore the Seti Gorge, Museum, and Davis Falls. In the remaining time, you can explore around the city. Overnight, we stay at a guesthouse.
We drive back to Kathmandu from Pokhara today. Upon reaching Kathmandu, you can utilize your time for the last minute shopping or you can explore around the city. We celebrate the Farewell Dinner together with the trekking team and spend overnight at the hotel.
Today, you take the returning flight to your hometown. Our representatives will assist you to reach the airport. You return to your home with an unforgettable travel experience in Nepal.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu and one-night hotel in Pokhara
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit of (ACAP).
- special Nar-Phu valley permit
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car.
- kathmandu to Besi Sahar and Besi Sahar to Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Jomsom to Pokhara by flight
- Hot shower during the trek
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHT’S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines