- Nepal Visa Information
If you are planning to visit Nepal please get more information before the flight to Nepal. The embassy of Nepal issues tourist, diplomatic, and official visas according to the Immigration rules and regulations of Nepal. The applicant must fill in the information requested in the application form. It is the right of the Government of Nepal to grant or not to grant a visa to any foreigner.
Requirements for Tourist Visa:
- A valid passport (At least for 6 months)
- You Should fill out the application form for visas available at the airport or immigration entry points.
- Need 2 passport size photos
- Visa fees should be paid in cash.
Entry points to Nepal
- Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
- Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
- Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
- Western – Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
- Mid-western – Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
- USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency for 15 days.
- USD 50 or equivalent convertible currency for 30 days.
- USD 125 or equivalent convertible currency for 90 days.
- For the tourist of SAARC nationals, free visa up to 30 days.
- Visa is not required for Indian nationals. However, if they enter Nepal via air, they will have to show a valid identification certificate (passport/ citizenship certificate). Children under the age of 10 do not need to establish an identification certificate.
- If you want to extend your visa for 15 days or less, the visa extension charge is USD 35.
- If you want to extend the visa for more than 15 days, USD 2 will be charged per day after 15 days. However, the visa can be extended a maximum of up to 150 days in a visa year (Visa year refers to year starting January to December.)
When a foreigner has to get down at Nepalese airport as a result of their transit point or due to any force landing for whatever reason, the foreigner can obtain a transit visa for a day after paying USD 5 or any other currency equivalent.
For more information about Nepalese Visa, please click here.