Gokyo Chola Pass Trek
Gokyo Chola Pass Trek offers you the most amazing panorama of Mt. Everest and the world 6th highest Mt. Cho-Oyu in the comfort of nice local lodges in the harmony of Sherpa hospitality and its age-old cultures and traditions of Buddhism religion. Gokyo valley via Chola pass trek which leads you to high and scenic GokyoRi above 5,330 m with fantastic views of peaks and crossing Cho-la (Tsho-La) at above 5,367 m high with incredible mountain panorama on this high altitude journey.
Chola pass trek starts from 30 minutes flight to Lukla and walking higher towards Namche Bazaar with constant views of Mt. Everest and Amadablam, after a rest with acclimatization days heading towards Gokyo Lake after few nights stop at Dole and Machhermo villages with grand views. At Gokyo with its turquoise lake facing Mt. Cho-Oyu with a hike to Gokyo Ri for an awesome panorama of the world’s highest mountains Mt. Everest, Cho-Oyu and Mt. Makalu with other range of peaks. After Gokyo cross over Cho-la pass at 5,367 meters high leading towards the other side of Khumbu on the trail to Everest Base Camp via Everest three passes trek. From here heading higher on the rugged windswept terrain passing the villages of Dzongla and Lobuche to reach at Gorakshep for a hike to Everest Base Camp just below Khumbu Icefall and glaciers, and then return trek with a climb on top Kalapatthar 5,545 m highest spot of the with grand views of Mt. Everest and other high mountains that surround this scenic top.
Gokyo Chola pass trek a great scenic moment downhill to reach famed Thyangboche monastery area, renowned for its Buddhist monastery and panoramic views of mountains with Everest and Amadablam peak. From here on the same trail back to Lukla for a sweeping flight to Kathmandu after an enjoyable adventure of life experience on Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our staff and guide with warm welcome then a short drive to your hotel in the main areas of Kathmandu city, here joining with other members of Everest Base Camp Trek, our guide will brief with full information about the trek – hotels-culture with do’s and don’ts, include welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with folk programs.
Everest Base Camp Trek begins with the sweeping short flight to land at Lukla, during 30 minutes on air view of stunning mountain range with Mt. Everest, as the plane lands at Lukla named as ‘Tenzing-Hillary Airport’ in honor of legendary climbers’ first summiteers of Mt. Everest.
From Lukla, our first-day walk starts on winding downhill path with short climb passing many traditional Sherpa farm villages with views of peaks, after a pleasant walk reaching at Phakding for an overnight stop near the glacier-fed Dudh Kosi (river).
After a pleasant overnight stop in Phakding, morning walk starts following Dudh Kosi, and crossing bridges to reach Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo village, from here walk to last Jorsalle village before Namche Bazaar and then on crossing a last high bridge climb leads with beautiful views of Everest and other peaks, walk finally ends at famous Namche Bazaar for two over nights in this prosperous town or large village with facilities of ATMs, Cybercafes, stores, shops, restaurants, banks and fresh bakery with a busy colorful Saturday market.
Namche an ideal spot for rest and acclimatization, free day with morning short hike up to park museum with necessary information of mountaineering, flora/fauna with Sherpa culture and Buddhist religions, this scenic spot offers grand views of mountains Mt. Everest and stunning Amadablam, for interested people hike uphill to Everest View Hotel for best views of Mt. Everest and other mountains.
Trek to Tengboche(3840m/12664ft). walking 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse
Trek to Dingboche(4410m/14468ft). walking 5:30 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Acclimatization day at Dingboche. walking 4:25 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Trek to Lobuje(4910m/16108ft). walking 5:30 hours, O/N at guest house, FB plan.
Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365) and back to Gorekshep(5180m). walking 7:30 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Hiking up Kalapathar(5545m) and overnight at Zongla (4710m/15453ft). Walking 7 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Trek to Thagna(4500m) via the Chola-la cross(5420m). Walking 8 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Trek to Gokyo (4790m). walking 4:30 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Hiking up to Gokyo Ri (5483m) and trek down Marhhermo((4,480m) walking 8 hours, Overnight at guest house.
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m). Walking 5 hours, Overnight at the guest house
Trek down to Lukla (2810m) walking 7 hours, Overnight at guest house.
After a marvelous and enjoyable time on high Khumbu valley and ridges with super Everest Three Passes trek, our last day walks of this adventure leads you back to Lukla, reaching by Lunch and for last overnight stop, after lunch free and celebrate dinner with fellow members, staff and guides.
An early morning flight back to Kathmandu.Overnight at guest house
Your last day in Nepal, amazing country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time leaving your hotel where our staff transfers you to an airport, after a great memorable adventure with enjoyable time on Everest Three Passes trek.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s standard selected Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kathmandu. including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHT’S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines