Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek
A cultural and natural hike to the Langtang region.
Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek is the best hike and low altitude trekking route of the Langtang valley region with glorious views of its surroundings are making it popular day by day. Our trek to Langtang Tamang heritage trail goes through the path of Langtang National Park. Langtang trek is done mostly to see the beauty of nature, hospitality, the unity of Tamang people in Tamang village of Langtang valley.
Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek is situated in mid-north Nepal, So there will be little cultivation and most of the people are engaged in animal rearing. While travelers can do enjoy the many eye-catching mountains, beautiful forests of rhododendron, bamboo, conifer, sounds, view of waterfalls, different species of flora and fauna, rare plants and animals playing on its own nature which is unbelievable. This entire spectacular scene, we will see with our naked eyes. Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek is close to Tibet. Around the Langtang region, most people believe and follow the Tibetan Buddhist religion.
Langtang Tamang Cultural Trek starts with a short drive over to Syabrubesi from Kathmandu valley. The Tamang Heritage Trekking trail goes through the Langtang National Park and reaches many villages like Gatlang, Tatopani, Thuman, and Briddim. Langtang Valley trekking major viewpoint will be Kyangjin Gompa and Cherkuri viewpoint the best place to explore high mountains of Shisapangpa and beautiful Himalayan ranges. The Lower Langtang trek will finish after visiting the entire Tamang village and returning back to Syabrubesi and driving back again to Kathmandu valley. Trekking to Langtang heritage can be done throughout the whole year. Nepal High Trek is always on your front foot to help by making your trek in this place throughout the year. We will make your trekking schedule according to your holiday. We will provide you professional and experienced local trekking guide.
Best Seasons for Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek:
It depends upon one choice of destinations for short and moderate treks like Langtang Valley or Tamang Heritage Trail, where one enjoys walks from March to May and September till December months of the year.
The best time is spring from March to May when days are much longer with sunlight hours as well during the flowering time in the forest around high green hills. Langtang Tamang Heritage Trek involves high passes best times from September to November months of the year when most days are crystal clear for pleasant walks and for views, but a shorter day with short sunlight hours can be freezing cold in the morning and night times.
After landing the flight at TIA, a representative of Nepal High Trek & Expedition will warmly receive you and will move towards the hotel arranged by Nepal High Trek & Expedition Pvt Ltd. We will enjoy delicious dinner at night with a brief description of the upcoming trekking program to Langtang Tamang heritage trekking.
Early morning, we will have a fresh breakfast and drive towards Syabrubesi. It will take about 7 to 8 hours to reach Syabrubesi. It is the gate way of langtang valley trekking. During the trek we can see panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh and other peak of Langtang ranges.
Today we will march to Gatlang after having breakfast. We will climb until we reach to summit Deurali. It takes us about 5 hours. From Deurali, the path will be easy and the flat surface. In our way we will be served by the beautiful Langtang mountain ranges. The night will be interesting at Gatlang which is the big tamang village.
We can see that the settlement of Tamang people of Gatlang village is bigger than other Tamang village of that region. From Gatlang, we will descend towards the terraced farming area. We will follow the trial of pine and bamboo forest. We will continue to rise from the Thambuchet and Gang- Gong to reach to Tatopani. Our trek of today will be for about 6 to 7 hours.
At Tatopani, we will wake up early and bath at natural hot water. After bathing we will have breakfast. Then continue our journey toward Thuman. We will follow the way of rhododendron and oak forest viewing some mountain ranges to Nagthali Danda. Then we will descend towards the Thuman. While descending we will return through the dense forest of rhododendron.
Our trekking route from Thuman to Briddim is about 6 to 7 hours long. Our trial goes ups and downs from the beginning. We will have opportunity to interact with the local Tamang people. From the exploration, we will be familiar with tradition of Tibetan people following Buddhism religion. From Pelko, the way goes much easier to Briddim.
We will return back to Lama Hotel and the route goes through the dense forest of pine. After walking about 1 hour, we will be at Khamjing village. Our trial goes through land of cultivating potatoes, barley and wheat. We will see Lauribinayak pass onwards to Gosainkunda with the Langtang Lirung. The trail will passes through the Sherpa gaun, Rimche, and finally to lama hotel. The night will be at lama hotel.
Early morning we will continue our journey towards the Langtang village. We can get the glimpses of Langtang Mountain from view point. By spending some valuable time in Langtang village we can see the cultivated areas of buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, barley, etc. by enclosing them inside a stoned wall area.
Today our trek we will take us to Kyangjin. Our trial from Langtang gradually climbs up to the small villages and yak pasture land to Kyangjin. There we can see government operated cheese factory here. After reaching Kyangjin at the altitude of 3800m, we will spend our leisure by exploring around the Kyangjin.
We will trek further down to lama hotel. We will view the same thing that we have seen while going up but from different prospects. Hence our trek goes downward to Ghodatabela, we will have our lunch there. After having the lunch, we will continue to lama hotel for the rest of the night.
After having the breakfast at lama hotel, we will walk back to Syabrubesi in very energetic way. Our trekking route goes through the glorious forested area with beautiful flowers and smell coming from them. We will continue our way until we reach to Syabrubesi at the altitude of 2000m from lama hotel.
After having breakfast at Syabrubesi, a drive of 6 to 7 hours will be enough to return to Kathmandu. We will definitely enjoy the view of green forest and the road side houses while returning to Kathmandu. The evening will be delightful visiting the market area of Kathmandu. We will take rest at night at the hotel arranged by Nepal Everest Base Camp Trek.
After having a night rest at Kathmandu, we will pack our luggage to march ourselves towards TIA. We have to reach at airport 3 hours before the flight. We will attend a small farewell program organized by Nepal High Trek & Expedition. After then we will catch the flight to return back to the home country. We hope, while returning back to home country you will think for a re visit to Nepal. We hope for your better journey.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- During the trek three times meal (Breakfast, lunch, and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.Langtang valley permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by the tour guide, samba, Bouda, Pashupatinath.
- Kathmandu to Syabru Besi, Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Four times tea or coffee
- During the trek fresh fruit.
- Government register expert and knowledgeable trekking Guide
- One porter for two guests to carry belongings And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate of Nepal High Trek.
- Nepal High Trek’s down jacket and sleeping bags (if you needed)
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Trekking map and poles
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines