Mount Kailash Tour
Nepal High Trek & Expedition has been leading mount Kailash tour since many years ago.Mount Kailash tour starts from Kathmandu – this overland tour to the pristine lake Manasarovar and holy Mt.Kailash in remote Himalayan western Tibet offers great natural beauty, insight to Tibetan Buddhist culture and chances to see the real local people of Tibet.
In the far western corner of Tibetan Plateau lie two spectacular tourist destinations –mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar. Mt Kailash is reachable after four days of a continuous drive from Kathmandu across the vast Tibetan plateau ( or after a week-long “Mount Kailash Trek” from Simikot in western Nepal).After four days of the drive, we reach to an extremely beautiful turquoise lake with floating swans and the spectacular mount Kailash nearby.For the Hindus, Mt Kailash is the abode of Lord Shiva. Lake Manasarovar and Mt Kailash have religious significance for both Hindus and Buddhists.Four great Asian rivers originate from Lake Manasarovar – the Indus, Karnali, Bramhaputra and the Sutlej.
mount Kailash tour is most beautiful and most popular tour in Tibet.Mount Kailash TourMt Kailash 6741 m, is a black mountain with four sheer walls and snow-capped top. The 55 km periphery is the trail for circumlocution around this holy mountain which takes 3 days.The Kora or circumambulation starts at Darchen some 30 Km from Lake Manasarovar. After the Kora, we drive back to Kathmandu or head for Lhasa for the extended tour. Along the route we enjoy spectacular views of world’s highest mountains, meet the nomad sheepherders and enjoy the unique beauty of Tibetan desert. During our trip, we travel on the 4WD jeep and our belongings are carried on trucks.We sleep in guest houses wherever possible and in tented camps at other places. In the camping days, food is cooked by our camp cook. Below you will find two different itineraries. The first one offers mt Kailash tour from Kathmandu and the second one offers the same from Lhasa. Trip duration: 15 or 16 days
Starts at: Kathmandu
Ends at: Kathmandu
Highest altitude: 5670 m Best season: April to October
Trip category: Strenuous
While we will apply an collect your Chinese visa, you will go for a guided tour of Kathmandu including Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath stupa and Bouddhanath stupa. Evening briefing about Mt Kailash trip . Over night at hotel.
Free afternoon look around. Over night at hotel.
First day with a long drive on the desert terrain . Driving past nomad camps and sheep and yak herds we cross the high Labung La pass at 5050m. We can see Gaurishankar, Shishapangma and Langtang Himal,Ganesh himala from the pass. Continue drive through Khunmen Tso, Sinling, Karru Ongchen and Peiku tso Lake (4400m). We will be crossing river Brahmaputra ( “Yarling Tsangpo” in Tibetan ) to reach Saga (4600m). Over night at hotel.
Watching the mountains in distance and driving through dusty road we pass through the small town of Zhongba before reaching to Paryang. At paryang you will feel the excitement of reaching Manasarovar the next day. Over night at hotel.
After some peaceful hours at the shores of the sacred Lake Manasarovar with the snowy massif of Gurla Mandhata 7694m just across the lake, we drive 30 km to Darchen which serves as the base for Mt kailash kora ( circumambulation). The Kora is 53 km in total and completed in three days .
Over night at tent.
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs and
water falls with some clouds in the clear blue sky. The 15 km trail takes almost 7 hrs.
over night at tent.
Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage trek , cross Dolma La pass at 5670 m .
Once you reach the top,just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget yourself.
By the late afternoon you will arrive at Zuthul Puk.
O/n in camp.
Drive to Paryang (277km) 7-8 hr
Day14 Drive to Nyalam or Zhangmu: (245km) 6-7 hr.
- In Nepal
- Arrival and departure transfers from and to the airport on private vehicle
- Transfer to /from Tibet border to Kathmandu on private vehicle
- Visa and permit arrangements.
- Accommodation at 3-star hotel, twin sharing room on bed and breakfast basis in Kathmandu, twin sharing room and included breakfast.
- Guided by sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, all entry fees.
Cost included inside Tibet
- English speaking Tibetan guide, driver and land cruiser.
- All tours as per itinerary, entry fees
- Twin sharing accommodation at best available hotels/ guest houses along the highway to Mt Kailash. Three days on tented camps. Bed and breakfast on other days but a full board for three days during Kora.
- Yaks & yak helpers/porters during Kailash kora to carry the luggage ( not for riding use)
- All necessary permits, their arrangements
- Environment protection fee
- In Anything not mentioned above like the lunch and dinner, tips, personal nature expenses etc
- Tibet group Visa fee (USD114) for Europeans, USD 198 for US passport holders
- Donkey or mule or horse ride arrangement service in case you will be too tired (but you need to pay around US$50 per person per day for this if you needed
- Meals which you can easily explore on your own (or your Tibetan guide can help you find a good suitable restaurant in the local place per meal USD 5-10)
- A personal natural expense like Laundry, Intl calls, etc
- travel insurance.
- Tips for guide, staff, and driver