Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|20-May-2020||11 Days||Available||USD 799 Per Person|
|01-June-2020||12 Days||Available||USD Per Person|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is an amazing foot walk journey in the Annapurna Conservation Area in Nepal. Since longtime ACAP pointed the many popular trekking routes as Mardi Himal Trek, Ghandrunk trek, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek and Annapurna Circuit Trek. The trek to Annapurna Base Camp all types of travelers can join in this wonderful exotic holiday within Annapurna Sanctuary encircled with high snow-capped peaks. The Annapurna Region Treks start from low warmer sub-tropical temperatures within verdant vegetation, green hills, and local Gurung traditional villages. The Annapurna Base Camp trail inter you into the beautiful places as traditional Gurung village, landscape, natural hot spring, Poon Hill viewpoint, Ghandrunk, MBC and ABC base camp. After completed the base camp the trail descent through ridge valley, Modi River, chhomrong village and natural hot spring.
The trekkers can do enjoy with delightful mountain views of Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and Hiuchuli. On 10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary is designed for solo and single travelers who unable to walk very well. The Ghorepani Circuit via Annapurna Base Camp Tour could do complete within 10 days from Pokhara. Annapurna Sanctuary Trek walk begins with a gradual climb up through many lovely farm villages and rice fields. The Annapurna Base Camp Trek starts from Birethati Nayapul and ends at Siwai then two hours drive to beautiful Pokhara. Nepal High Trek & Expedition Team has been leading also 7 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek with customized a program, affordable packages and a professional team since 2009.
Top 10 Real facts about Annapurna Base Camp (Annapurna Region)
Annapurna base camp is one of the popular trekking among the trekkers all over the world. The splendor view and the hospitable behavior of the people would hold your heart in these places forever. Some true facts about the Annapurna region that would make your heart leap are described below.
- Mount Annapurna is the world’s 10th highest peak. Its height is 8091m which offers the beautiful Himalayan scene and many small glaciers from the top of the peak.
- Annapurna was the first scaled 8000m peak ever and it was done without supplemental oxygen.
- Annapurna has the 38%highest fatality rate while climbing it. It is the most dangerous peak whereas the death rate of Everest is even 6.5%.
- “Annapurna” means the full of seed or food. Nepalese believes that the goddess Annapurna resides in the Mount Annapurna. (note: Not only mount Annapurna but most of all the mountain are believed to have the god inside it ).
- The first summit of the Mount Annapurna was done in 1950 by the French citizen Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal. They both suffered from heavy frostbite and the book written by Maurice on the expedition of Annapurna was sold over 11 million copies and was regarded as the best selling climbing book of all the time.
- Annapurna massif is situated under the Annapurna conservation area which is the largest protected area(7629km2). This ACAP covers many districts like Kaski, Manang, mustang, Magdi and Lamjung.
- The one truth about the Annapurna region that no one can deny is that the 2/3 part of tourists in Nepal and visited the Annapurna region due to its accessibility. Thus, there is no doubt that this region offers the highest number of visitors.
- Annapurna region also in mutual contact with the former kingdom of mustang near to Tibet. Mustang is one of the pleasant destinations for solo travelers.
- Muktinath: The holiest shrine for both the Buddhist and Hindu is also situated in this region. It is the popular pilgrim site that many inside tourists also arrive here. (note: Bon Po religion is also in practice in some area of the Annapurna region.)
- last but not least the highest altitude lake like Tilicho(4919m) lies within this region. Khayar(4660m) and ice lake (4700m) also situated in this route.
The Best Time trek to the Annapurna Base Camp:
From March to May around spring season as well in autumn and pre-winter September to December months. From March to May lively when wildflowers are in seasonal bloom also, especially the rhododendron of various colors and species. Springtime with much longer sun-light hours can get cold with late afternoon strong winds, freezing temperatures morning and night time. September to December clear days for pleasant walks and views but with shorter days and sunlight hours can be freezing cold in the morning and night time with chances of snow.
Details Itinerary of ABC Trekking:
(For interested people can take a short scenic flight to Pokhara of 30 minutes)
The Chomrong Village is another large Gurung village, famous as Gorkha in UK and Indian armies, besides as brave soldiers they are farmers and Cattle herders of Tibetan Buddhist religions. This will be the last permanent village before Annapurna base camp, beyond are the just small settlement with lodges to cater to the needs of trekkers.
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30 mins flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m and trek to Ghandruk 1,951m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 2,170m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu danda with hot spring 1,780m – 06 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Potana 1,900 m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Kande 1,460m and drive to Pokhara.
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 14: International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek:(Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Three times cup a tea.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to Siwai by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara / Kathmandu tourist bus ticket.
- Good accommodation on the trek.
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket, sleeping bag & duffle bag.
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- Farewell dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines