Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|20-Nov-2020||11 Days||Available||USD 799 Per Person|
|01-Sep-2020||12 Days||Available||USD Per Person|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek an adventure that fulfills your dreams into the reality where one can reach at base camp in the heart of Annapurna Himalaya within less than a week time frame. Annapurna Base Camp Trek one of few 8,000 meters base camp trek where one does not have worries and problem catching AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) or high altitude symptoms. On this trek where elevation gains at a slow and gradual pace as you get acclimatized by the time you reach the final highlight and goal at Annapurna base camp located above 4,130 meters and 13,550 feet high. Where all types of people of different age-group can join in this wonderful and marvelous journey to Annapurna base camp located within a scenic and most picturesque Annapurna Sanctuary enclosed within an array of high peaks.
Annapurna base camp trek, besides being free from altitude sickness one and only eight thousand meter mountain base camp. Where one can enjoy super views in the comfort of warm, cozy with nice lodge facilities in the midst of high towering peaks within remorseless fields of ice, snow, and glaciers. 7 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek begins and ends at a scenic city in Pokhara blessed with the natural beauty of high Annapurna peaks with stunning looking Machhapuchare Himal the famous Fish-Tail that dominates much of Pokhara valley. Pokhara a leading touristic spot in the whole Himalaya with high mountain views that reflects on its calm lakes of Phewa and Begnas which makes the place more awesome and picturesque.mFrom Pokhara taking a short drive towards starting point of trekking heading past many farm villages and towns with ever-present views of Annapurna Himalaya range of peaks that include Lamjung and Manaslu Himal.
After completing a drive where the walk takes you on long stone steps to reach a large village in Chomrong dominated by Gurung people the main hill tribe of Annapurna Himalaya region. Chomrong the last permanent village on route Annapurna Sanctuary and base camp, from here onward are just temporary small settlements to cater to the requirement of travelers with simple lodge and guest house all the way at base camp. Walk from Chomrong is more of ups with few short downhills entering into a river gorge covered in the dense forest of tall rhododendron, pines, and oaks firs with some bamboo as walk follows Modi River right up to its glacial source at Annapurna base camp.mAs walk progress then reaching higher ground as gorge opens into a wide scenic valley on reaching at MBC (Machhapuchare Base Camp) right beneath towering North Face of Fish Tail peak.
From here onward into beautiful Ghorepani Poon hill via Annapurna Sanctuary hiking on a high plateau surrounded by an amphitheater of a snow-clad mountain range with Annapurna South, Hui-Chuli and Machhapuchare Himal includes main mount Annapurna I looking towards North West. The walk final reaches you at ultimate destination in Annapurna base camp right in the heart of massive Annapurna Himalaya facing snow-capped peaks in all directions with Gangapurna, Vara-Shikar (Annapurna Fang) includes Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli with an array of peaks. After a glorious and marvelous time at Annapurna base camp return journey on the same route to reach at the road-head for the exciting drive back to Pokhara to complete wonderful adventure and experience on Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Top 10 Real facts about Annapurna Base Camp (Annapurna Region)
Annapurna base camp is one of the popular trekking among the trekkers all over the world. The splendor view and the hospitable behavior of the people would hold your heart in these places forever. Some true facts about the Annapurna region that would make your heart leap are described below.
- Mount Annapurna is the world’s 10th highest peak. Its height is 8091m which offers the beautiful Himalayan scene and many small glaciers from the top of the peak.
- Annapurna was the first scaled 8000m peak ever and it was done without supplemental oxygen.
- Annapurna has the 38%highest fatality rate while climbing it. It is the most dangerous peak whereas the death rate of Everest is even 6.5%.
- “Annapurna” means the full of seed or food. Nepalese believes that the goddess Annapurna resides in the Mount Annapurna. (note: Not only mount Annapurna but most of all the mountain are believed to have the god inside it ).
- The first summit of the Mount Annapurna was done in 1950 by the French citizen Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal. They both suffered from heavy frostbite and the book written by Maurice on the expedition of Annapurna was sold over 11 million copies and was regarded as the best selling climbing book of all the time.
- Annapurna massif is situated under the Annapurna conservation area which is the largest protected area(7629km2). This ACAP covers many districts like Kaski, Manang, mustang, Magdi and Lamjung.
- The one truth about the Annapurna region that no one can deny is that the 2/3 part of tourists in Nepal and visited the Annapurna region due to its accessibility. Thus, there is no doubt that this region offers the highest number of visitors.
- Annapurna region also in mutual contact with the former kingdom of mustang near to Tibet. Mustang is one of the pleasant destinations for solo travelers.
- Muktinath: The holiest shrine for both the Buddhist and Hindu is also situated in this region. It is the popular pilgrim site that many inside tourists also arrive here. (note: Bon Po religion is also in practice in some area of the Annapurna region.)
- last but not least the highest altitude lake like Tilicho(4919m) lies within this region. Khayar(4660m) and ice lake (4700m) also situated in this route.
Best Time of Year for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Nepal based on the four seasonal as winter, spring, summer, and autumn. The most popular seasons for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek are spring and autumn. In Nepal, springtime starts in mid-February and lasts until May. The springtime of year is portrayed by warm temperatures, clear weather, and the colorful blooms of wildflowers of rhododendrons. Trekkers who want to see the Himalayas at their finest should also consider trekking in the fall, which occurs between September and October. The autumn is busy trekking season, with low rainfall, clear blue skies, and fabulous views all the way to the outlook. If your time allowed then, you can also trek at other times of the year. Nepal’s winter is defined by its freezing season, which brings frozen around the Himalaya but in December fewer trekkers on the way so most people like to do in the winter season. A summer season is also a good option; although the temperatures can be very warm but heavy rain and the muddy way during the trek you can enjoy the natural and more peaceful. Does not matter which time of year you choose, Nepal High Trek will arrange for a memorable epic adventure on the Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Details Itinerary of ABC Trekking:
(For interested people can take a short scenic flight to Pokhara of 30 minutes)
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30 mins flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m and trek to Ghandruk 1,951m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 2,170m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu danda with hot spring 1,780m – 06 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Potana 1,900 m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Kande 1,460m and drive to Pokhara.
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 14: International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek:(Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Three times cup a tea.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to Siwai by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara / Kathmandu tourist bus ticket.
- Good accommodation on the trek.
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket, sleeping bag & duffle bag.
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- Farewell dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines