Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|20-Nov-2020||11 Days||Available||USD 799 Per Person|
|01-Sep-2020||12 Days||Available||USD Per Person|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is probably the best lifetime trekking ever that can only be experienced in the legendary mountain range of western Nepal. Annapurna base camp is the destined best trekking which gives an opportunity to explore cultural heritages as well as the breathtaking snowy peaks. The trekking price and itinerary will be customized and affordable for all clients.
The 10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trekking trail is full of cultural essence and the organic product extracted from the locality. People are mainly from Gurung and Magar ethnic groups who are famous Gurkha regiment but there are brahmins and Chettries in the lower elevations too. Nepalese style two-story houses can be seen along the way where Buddhist houses are decorated with colorful flags to bring positive aura.
The Ghorepani Poon Hill with ABC Trek route continues with the lush of green hills, spectacular mountain ranges, hot springs, and small traditional villages like Ghandruk, bathed in the sunlight invaded from the giant mountains. It will be your lifetime experience of holidays in the mountains of Nepal when you will go for poon hill excursion in Annapurna Sanctuary Trek to view the sunrise from the big mountain ranges of Mt.fishtail (Machhapuchhre), Dhaulagiri and Annapurna I.
Like other treks of the Annapurna region, the trekking trail of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek also starts and ends at Naya pul. Pokhara is the second biggest city of Nepal which is blessed with natural scenarios and famous lakes like Phewa, Begnas, and rupa. One can choose to make the domestic flights to Pokhara from Kathmandu or 7- 8hour drive by tourist bus to join the short ABC trek of a week’s time frame. Besides this, Naya pul – Jhinu – Chhomrong and consecutive walk to the Base camp of the Annapurna Himal and again back to Naya pul along the Modi Khola is the summarized itinerary of the Annapurna base camp trekking map from our company.
Apart from the not long itinerary and the natural vistas, this base camp trek is famous for being moderate and not needing previous experience. Autumn and spring are the peak and best season to attend this trip but you can choose December despite the unbearable cold to avoid the crowd.
As the highest point of the trip is at the base camp of height 4130m there are no worries to suffer from AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and altitude sickness sign. Not only this but the accommodations here are teahouse based that serves both the western and local foods with generous hospitality. The Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the best destinations to explore the enormous massive view of mountains and local cultures around the Annapurna valley.
Top 10 Real facts about Annapurna Base Camp (Annapurna Region)
Annapurna base camp is one of the popular destinations among trekkers all over the world. The splendor view and the hospitable behavior of the people would hold your heart in these places forever. Some true facts about the Annapurna region that would make your heart leap are described below.
- Mount Annapurna is the world’s 10th highest peak. Its height is 8091m which offers the beautiful Himalayan scene and many small glaciers from the top of the peak.
- Annapurna was the first scaled 8000m peak ever and it was done without supplemental oxygen.
- Annapurna has the 38%highest fatality rate while climbing it. It is the most dangerous peak whereas the death rate of Everest is even 6.5%.
- “Annapurna” means the full of seed or food. Nepalese believes that the goddess Annapurna resides in the Mount Annapurna. (note: Not only mount Annapurna but most of all the mountain are believed to have the god inside it ).
- The first summit of the Mount Annapurna was done in 1950 by the French citizen Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal. They both suffered from heavy frostbite and the book written by Maurice on the expedition of Annapurna was sold over 11 million copies and was regarded as the best selling climbing book of all the time.
- Annapurna massif is situated under the Annapurna conservation area which is the largest protected area(7629km2). This ACAP covers many districts like Kaski, Manang, mustang, Magdi and Lamjung.
- The one truth about the Annapurna region that no one can deny is that the 2/3 part of tourists in Nepal and visited the Annapurna region due to its accessibility. Thus, there is no doubt that this region offers the highest number of visitors.
- Annapurna region also in mutual contact with the former kingdom of mustang near to Tibet. Mustang is one of the pleasant destinations for solo travelers.
- Muktinath: The holiest shrine for both the Buddhist and Hindu is also situated in this region. It is the popular pilgrim site that many inside tourists also arrive here. (note: Bon Po religion is also in practice in some area of the Annapurna region.)
- last but not least the highest altitude lake like Tilicho(4919m) lies within this region. Khayar(4660m) and ice lake (4700m) also situated in this route.
Best Time of Year for the Trek to Annapurna Base Camp Nepal:
Nepal based on the four seasonal as winter, spring, summer, and autumn. The most popular seasons for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek are spring and autumn. In Nepal, springtime starts in mid-February and lasts until May. The springtime of year is portrayed by warm temperatures, clear weather, and the colorful blooms of wildflowers of rhododendrons.
Trekkers who want to see the Himalayas at their finest should also consider trekking in the fall, which occurs between September and October. The autumn is busy trekking season, with low rainfall, clear blue skies, and fabulous views all the way to the outlook. If your time allowed then, you can also trek at other times of the year. Nepal’s winter is defined by its freezing season, which brings frozen around the Himalaya but in December fewer trekkers on the way so most people like to do in the winter season.
A summer season is also a good option; although the temperatures can be very warm but heavy rain and the muddy way during the trek you can enjoy the natural and more peaceful. Does not matter which time of year you choose, Nepal High Trek will arrange for a memorable epic adventure on the Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Details Itinerary of ABC Trekking:
(For interested people can take a short scenic flight to Pokhara of 30 minutes)
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30 mins flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m and trek to Ghandruk 1,951m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 2,170m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu danda with hot spring 1,780m – 06 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Potana 1,900 m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Kande 1,460m and drive to Pokhara.
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 14: International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek:(Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Three times cup a tea.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to Siwai by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara / Kathmandu tourist bus ticket.
- Good accommodation on the trek.
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket, sleeping bag & duffle bag.
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- Farewell dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines