Annapurna Base Camp Trek
''Adventure in the heart of massive Annapurna within supreme multicultural''
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is an amazing journey in the Annapurna region in many trekking routes as Mardi Himal Trek, Ghandrunk trek, Annapurna Khayer lake trek, Annapurna sanctuary trek. Where all types of travelers can join in this wonderful exotic holiday within Annapurna Sanctuary encircled with high snow-capped peaks. Starting from low warmer sub-tropical temperatures within verdant vegetation, green hills, local traditional villages, valleys around scenic and unique Pokhara, a popular and famed touristic spot blessed with mountain views which reflect on it's serene Phewa lake and Begnas Lakes. The journey leads to the outskirt of Pokhara valley with a short drive to the starting point of trekking following the raging glacial Modi River upstream right up to its source at Annapurna Base Camp.
How many days does it take Annapurna base camp trek?
Annapurna Base Camp Trek can be completed within 7 days from Pokhara. As the walk begins with gradual walks through many lovely farm villages and fields then a climb on stone paved steps bringing you at wonderful Gurung village at Ghandruk also called as Ghandrung, the Gurung tribe famous as gallantry soldiers in overseas India-UK and Singapore. The walk continues as the air gets cooler with daily views of Annapurna range of peaks with majestic Machhapuchare ‘Fish Tail’ one of the virgin mountains.
The journey takes you into the lovely cool alpine forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-pines-firs and magnolia tree lines to enter the last permanent village at Chomrong 2,160m high populated by Gurung people interwoven with Buddhism religion and also practice Bonn (pre-Buddhism) sect of animism.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek can be done in many ways from beautiful Pokhara, taking a week duration or more one can trek clockwise or anti-clockwise with a visit to Ghorepani and Poon Hill, a famous spot for stunning sunrise over 600 k.m wide mountain range from Dhaulagiri-Annapurna-Manaslu range as far to Ganesh Himal towards eastern horizon. Whatever your time and duration are? We will make your adventure a wonderful and enjoyable with mesmerizing experience on Annapurna Base Camp Trekking. Nepal High Trek & Expedition has an affordable price and professional mountains cruise as well.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30 mins flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m and trek to Ghandruk 1,951m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 2,170m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,130m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Jhinu danda with hot spring 1,780m – 06 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Potana 1,900 m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Kande 1,460m and drive to Pokhara.
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 14: International departure homeward bound.
(For interested people can take a short scenic flight to Pokhara of 30 minutes)
Chomrong another large Gurung village, famous as Gorkha in UK and Indian armies, besides as brave soldiers they are farmers and Cattle herders of Tibetan Buddhist religions, this will be last permanent village before Annapurna base camp, beyond are just small settlement with lodges to cater the needs of trekkers.
After Bamboo an hour or more of slow climb brings at Dovan for overnight stop located within Modi River Gorge with couple of lodge for overnight stay.
Afternoon relax and enjoy the views of Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545ft) Annapurna South (7,219m-23,693ft), Gangapurna (7,455m-24,457ft) and Annapurna III (7,555m-24,787ft), including to Mt. Machhapuchare (Fish-tail) at 6,790 m stretches up towards Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli and Fluted Peaks or Singu Chuli.
After Chomrong a short climb to the top ridge and then changing our direction from here with an alternative route to reach Pokhara, a short downhill walk brings at scenic and lovely Jhinu village for overnight stop, located on a ridge top with views of surrounding landscapes and rolling green hills. A short descend of 25 minutes reaches you at hot-spring by the Modi River.
From here on gradual trail with few short ups and down, passing village Bheda Kharka, and then an hour or less climb into cool forest to reach at Pitam Deurali at 2,100 meters high, offering grand views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Huinchuli, Mt. Machhapuchare and of Ghandruk village. From Deurali downhill through forest to Potana village for last overnight stop on the high hills of Annapurna.
Our final walk of this adventure leads downhill to road head at Kande village for the drive back at picturesque Pokhara by the serene Phewa Lake after an hour of exciting drive.
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to pokhara by private vehicle.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Pokhara / Pokhara to Kathmandu, including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Hot shower during the trek
- Poon Hill viewpoint entrance fee
- Hot Spring entrance fee
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.