Manaslu Circuit Trek
|10 - May - 2020||15 Days||USD 999 Per Person|
Manaslu Circuit Trek is the best option for experiencing an adventurous destination in Nepal. The trek provides the opportunity to hike around the untouched valley and glorious view of the world’s eighth highest peak Mount Manaslu (8163m). Manaslu Trek not only provides beautiful vistas of the Himalayan ranges and green hills. It gives us a very deep impression of two different Hindu and Buddhist cultures too. Furthermore, the Manaslu Trekking region provides a vast range of stunning landscapes with a variable environment and climate.
In addition to this, the jaw-dropping Manaslu and challenging Larkya la 5106 m Pass above the elevation of 5160m make the Manaslu Circuit Trek unforgettable. Moreover, the trek became more interesting of local hidden Buddhist culture as it could be extended to Tsum Vally.
Location of the Trek:
Manaslu Circuit Trekking region is located in the Gorkha district of Nepal between Annapurna Massif towards the west and Mount Ganesh of Dhading district in the east. Manaslu trip starts from Sotikhola, which could be reached from Kathmandu by bus or private jeep that depends on the trekker’s choice.
Complete Update Trekking Itinerary & 15 Days:
Manaslu Circuit Trek in 2021 would enjoy the Himalayan lifestyles, farming scenery, and animals of the Himalayas carrying tons of load as a transportation medium. Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trek begins with Sotikhola of Budi Gandaki valley via Kathmandu with moderate temperature to the tough trailed Larkya la (highest point of Manaslu Trek), which is amazingly freezing with regular snow.
Along the trails, trekkers would witness small beautiful villages like Jagat, Lho- Gaon, Namrung, and old Manaslu valley. Where traders from Nepal and Tibet used to exchange their routes centuries ago. After the successful accomplishment of the highest pass Larkya La (5160m), trails are modified to another district Manang and Lamjung. The trail passing the green pasture lands and donkey paths of the heavenly Manaslu region and the trekking route ends at Besishahar Lamjung.
Simply Manaslu Round Trek offers an itinerary full of surprises and a peaceful zone as the Manaslu region trail is off the beaten. Do not miss the detailed Itinerary of the around Manaslu Short Trek which is given on our site, so check out carefully.
Accommodation of the Manaslu Valley:
Being classical Teahouse Trekking in the restricted region of Nepal, Manaslu Trekking is spent by lodging in a small cozy teahouse managed by the natives. Teahouse basically provides all the facilities like mountain guest houses. Despite the rural area, most of the lodges in the Manaslu Base Camp Trek provide laundry services, wi-fi services, and hot showers too.
Permits for Manaslu Region Treks:
Manaslu Region was not opened trekking trail before 1992. It gained a lot of popularity among advanced hikers from all over the world due to its marvelous beauty and uplifting topography.
So, trekkers should bring a special area permit which could be issued by the local trekking agency. Moreover, trekking without a Nepalese license holder guide is strictly prohibited and there must be at least two trekkers for a special permit.
To Know about Manaslu Round Trek:
- Wild and adventurous trekking in a restricted region of Nepal with breath-holding beautiful scenarios and novel experiences of life.
- Off beaten trail in the Himalayas in comparison to the Everest Base Camp Trek and Annapurna Base Camp Trek, where trekkers could feel peace and content while being in touch with nature.
- Captivating scenery and uplifting cultures with happy faces of people
- Exploration of the endangered wildlife and rare flora
- outstanding view of Famous peak Like Manaslu, Mt. Annapurna II, and Lamjung Himal.
Manaslu mountain of an altitude of 26,781feet was first climbed by the Japanese Expedition on 9th May 1956. Though Manaslu was climbed in 1956, the Manaslu region was permitted for trekking in 1992. Thus Trek to Manaslu Circuit, Manaslu Tsum Vally Trek, and Manaslu Trek of this region are considered to be the wilderness trekking route in Nepal. Anyway, Manaslu Circuit Trek is the best off beaten challenging trekking trail that makes memories for a lifetime ever.
The highlights of the Manaslu Circuit Trek:
Trekking Area: Manaslu Region ( Restricted Area)
Mode of Trekking: On a hotels & Lodges basis
Trekking Grade: Moderate & Adventurous
Highest elevation: At Larkya-La 5,135m high.
Special Permit Cost: US$10 per day (Per Pax)
Trekking: 14 nights and 15 days (With both way overland drive)
Total Trip: 17 nights and 18 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Best Season: Spring & Autumn
Best Months: February to June and September to December.
Trip Start Point: Sotikhola, Gorkha
Trip ends Point: Dharapani Manang
Best time to do the trek to Manaslu Circuit:
Nepal has four seasons but two except the monsoon and winter seasons the best time to trek to for Manaslu Circuit Trek. March to May during springtime when days are very warm, blue sky, long day and get blooms variety flowers around the mountain. Another best season is the autumn/fall season from September to early November. When most days are crystal clear for views and walks but shorter sunlight hours. In autumn the weather will be very suitable to hike on the mountain but very cold in the morning and night time. In the autumn season no rain, snowfall, and green scenery everywhere in Nepal.
On reaching Kathmandu International Airport received by our staff and guide with a warm welcome. The guide will brief with full information about the trek and include a welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with folk programs.
As per the given time for a sightseeing tour around Kathmandu, after breakfast our city and tour guide will pick you with a short interesting drive for an impressive and exciting tour, Kathmandu although a metropolitan city retaining its ancient culture and traditions.
Today we must drive to Soti Khola past Arughat village around Dhading and Gorkha district of Mid West Nepal Himalaya. The drive leads to warmer areas passing many farm villages and towns following the Trisuli river for a few hours.
From this small interesting farm village, walk leads on the nice trail following upstream of Buri Gandaki River through many farm fields and villages. As the walk reaches at Nuali Khola with views of beautiful waterfalls, from here on stone steps crossing a stream to Machha Khola for an overnight at Machha Khola.
After an overnight at Macha Khola morning leads Buri Gandaki River upstream, to reach at Khorla Beshi a small farm village. The ways go on a pleasant winding path to reach Tatopani “Hot Spring,” here with a wonderful opportunity for hot bathe time permitting. After a nice break with a rest walk, carry’s on to Yaruphant, following the river to reach Jagat village. After then crossing a short suspension bridge, this is a moderately sized farm village with shops and stores.
From Jagat, the journey continues to higher encountering many small farm villages of Sidibas Bazaar, which is a pretty village, after rest then a short climb with downhill crossing over the suspension bridge to reach Nagjet, then climb up to Philim, a large village with scattered farmhouses, from Philim trek onwards through farm terraces of golden fields of wheat’s and barley, then a climb on rocky ridge top into bamboo forest area to our an overnight stop at Dyang village.
Dyang onwards into a cooler area where one can feel the altitude, entering the Himalayan alpine region. The trail goes continues with a descend towards a riverside to reach Bihi Bazaar a small village near Riverside.
From Ghap village with a pleasant walk along Budhi Gandaki River, crossing the river through scattered small farm villages and cultivated farm fields of barley, wheat and millets then reaching Numrung village with superb views of Mt. Manaslu North Face with adjoining peaks, the walk continues passing few villages of Banjham, Lhi, and Sho, then with an altitude gain, an hour up to Shrip village and then reaching our overnight stop at Lo Gaon.
After Lo Goan, feel the altitude gain with a much cooler temperature. The trail goes here tree lines fades for few short juniper bushes and willow trees, walking gradually on a nice trail with views of snow-capped peaks. Finally reaching Samagaon a large mountain village located on the route Manaslu base camp and Larkya-la pass including the way to the Tibet border.
An important rest or free day for good acclimatization before heading high areas and to Larkya-La pass, on this free day explores the villages with a short hike around.
Today walk for about 5 hours, heading towards the last village at Samdo which is close to the Tibet border, the locals have long traditions trading with Tibet where you can find many Chinese goods.
A short day to Larkya Phedi or Dharmasala, after a nice stop at Samdo village, crossing an icy stream then heading towards drier barren area, trek today is not that hard except for rapid altitude gain and then with few short ups and downs to complete the morning walk at Larkya Phedi, meaning the base of the hill or pass, afternoon free at leisure for a short hike.
Starting early morning to reach at the top of Larkya-La pass at 5,135 m, a strenuous and long climb overlooking awesome scenery of surrounding hills and valley with Mt. Manaslu, Larkya peak, Bouddha Himal, Himalchuli, and of Peak 29, after a steep climb reaching the top of the pass, festooned with Buddhist prayer flags and stunning views, after a rest enjoying the scenery, along descend reaching the forested area to Bimthang for overnight stop after a hard day walk.
After a tough walk on Larkya-La pass, today will be a pleasant walk on the gradual downhill to reach our overnight stop at Gho. The place located in forest surrounding, from Bimthang walk enters through pristine woodlands full of rhododendron, pines, and oaks tree lines passing several farm shades to reach at Gho.
From Gho morning walk is much easier on the downhill path most of the way to Manang area at Telje village by the Marysangdi River an hour climb brings you at Dharapani a large village with many fine lodges on the Annapurna Circuit trekking trail.
With an enjoyable stop in Dharapani village with a nice and cozy lodge. Our last day walk of this great wonderful adventure leads downhill to cross over Marysangdi River and towards Talbesi which is a lovely village and end of the Manang area.
Morning an overland drive back to Kathmandu from Chamje village, after completing an exciting adventure on Manaslu Trip.
last day in Nepal an amazing country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time leaving your hotel. Where our staff drops you at the airport. After a great memorable adventure with an enjoyable time on Nepal Trip.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m – 05hrs
Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930m – 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m – 06 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Dying 1,800 m – 06 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Ghap 2,160 m – 04 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m – 06 hrs
Day 09: Trek to Samagaon 3,530 m – 05 hrs
Day 10: Rest day at Samagaon for acclimatization.
Day 11: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m – 05 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Dharamsala / Larkya Phedi 4,460 m – 04 hrs
Day 13: Cross Larkya la 5,135 m and to Bimthang 3,720 m – 08 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Gho 2,560 m – 05 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Chamje village 1,360 m – 05 hrs.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu via Bhesisar – 07 hrs.
Day 18: International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- During the trek three times meal (Breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.Manaslu special permit and ACAP permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by tour guide,syambhu,Bouda,pashipatinath.
- Kathmandu to Arughat ,Besi sahar to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Four times tea or coffee
- During the trek fresh fruit.
- Government register expert and knowledgeable trekking Guide
- One porter for two guest to carry belongings And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate of Nepal High Trek.
- Nepal High Trek’s down jacket and sleeping bags (if you needed)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Trekking map and poles
- Welcome and farewell Dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower..
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines