Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek leads you to Nepal North Mid-Western Himalaya region around the district of high Gorkha district and then entering at Manang areas at Dharapani and finally into Lamjung district within a warmer sub-tropical zone around Besisar town and then back to Kathmandu with an exciting overland drive.
Manaslu Trekking was closed for outside visitors in the past decades and then opened its door for trekkers, climbers and adventurer to witness its rare treasures of beautiful scenery and age-old cultures of Manaslu villages.
The villagers of high Manaslu Valley interwoven with old Buddhism religion with close relations with Tibetan, as the border of Nepal and Tibet a mere distance from the route of this marvelous Manaslu trekking.
On Manaslu trekking where walk leads you to follow the raging Buri-Gandaki River from the low warm sub-tropical climate of Arughat village and town towards cooler mid hills right up to its glacial source near SamaGaon, the major village of upper Manaslu valley before heading towards high Larke-La pass at above 5,106 m and 16,849ft.
Manaslu trekking leads you around great Mt. Manaslu range of peaks which is world 8th highest at 8,163 m, the local name of Manaslu is called Kutang from Tibetan origin as the culture and Buddhist religion of Manaslu region are similar.
Walking into the cooler alpine region covered within enchanting rhododendron and pine forest and then vegetation and tree lines fade for dry and windswept terrain as our journey enters high and scenic Manaslu valley within nice villages of Namrung, Lo-Gaon, and Sama-Gaon with daily views of towering Manaslu peaks.
With acclimatization days and exploring interesting villages around high Manaslu valley then our adventure leads to cross high and scenic Larke-La offering a spectacular panorama of high peaks that surround the pass.
From the pass, downhill to enter back into woodland at Bhimthang around Manang district, where walk finally ends at Dharapani village and beyond within famous and popular Annapurna circuit trail.
An interesting and exciting overland drive leads you back to Kathmandu after completing a marvelous journey and adventure on Manaslu Trekking.
Mode of Trekking: On hotels & Lodges basis
Trekking Grade: Moderate & Adventurous
Highest elevation: At Larkya-La 5,135 m high.
Trekking: 14 nights and 15 days (With both way overland drive)
Total Trip: 17 nights and 18 days ( Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Season: April to June and September to November.
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel. Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest. Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m – 05hrs
Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930m – 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m – 06 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Dying 1,800 m – 06 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Ghap 2,160 m – 04 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m – 06 hrs
Day 09: Trek to Samagaon 3,530 m – 05 hrs
Day 10: Rest day at Samagaon for acclimatization.
Day 11: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m – 05 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Dharamsala / Larkya Phedi 4,460 m – 04 hrs
Day 13: Cross Larkya la 5,135 m and to Bimthang 3,720 m – 08 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Gho 2,560 m – 05 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Dharapani 1,860 m – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Chamje village 1,360 m – 05 hrs.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu via Bhesisar – 07 hrs.
Day 18: International departure homeward bound.
Today walk for about 5 hours, heading towards the last village at Samdo which is close to Tibet border, the locals have long traditions trading with Tibet where you can find many Chinese goods. Morning walk leads with a gradual climb into the dry barren country with views of snowcapped peaks and then finally ending the day walk at Samdo village for an overnight stop.
With an enjoyable stop in Dharapani village with the nice and cozy lodge, our last day walk of this great wonderful adventure leads downhill to cross over Marysangdi River and towards Talbesi which is a lovely village and end of Manang area.
From here walking on the gradual path for few hours crossing over Marysangdi River to Chamje village, situated in Lamjung district area. At Chamje with last final overnight stop on the high hills of North Mid West Himalaya of Lamjung district, here like Dharapani with the fine nice lodge.
Morning an overland drive back to Kathmandu from Chamje village, after completing an exciting adventure on Manaslu Circuit trekking, after breakfast drive leads past Himalayan countryside villages of Jagat, Syange, Nagdi, Bulbule following Marysangdi River all the way to Bhesisar a large town and a headquarter of Lamjung district.
From here a few hours’ drives brings at Dumre on Pokhara /Kathmandu highway and then another 3-4 hours drive brings you back to Kathmandu, after a wonderful time around Manaslu.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Two night’s standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- During the trek three times meal (Breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.Manaslu special permit and ACAP permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by tour guide,syambhu,Bouda,pashipatinath.
- Kathmandu to Arughat ,Besi sahar to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Four times tea or coffee
- During the trek fresh fruit.
- Government register expert and knowledgeable trekking Guide
- One porter for two guest to carry belongings And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate of Nepal High Trek.
- Nepal High Trek’s down jacket and sleeping bags (if you needed)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Trekking map and poles
- Welcome and farewell Dinner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower..
- Tips for the guide and porter.