Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek is one of the beautiful trek in the Annapurna region. which is situated on well-hidden pockets of Annapurna Himalaya beyond its high scenic ridges, beneath towering South West Face of majestic Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’. An adventure of great delights into the pristine and virgin country, this trek is slowly getting popular and well noticed where trekkers are bored with major mainstream and busy trekking routes of Annapurna region.
Mardi Himal Tek located in north Mid-West in Nepal of Himalaya within massive Annapurna Himalaya range of peaks on the southern flank of Machhapuchare Himal, the unclimbed and virgin peaks in whole Himalaya region stands soaring high above 6,993 m with its twin summit that appears the shape of Fish Tail. Where Mardi Himal lies on the very bottom of Machhapuchare Himal which is below 6,000 meters peaks at 5,565 m high, which is one of the broken ridges of Fish Tail peaks a black rock peak with ice and snow, where walk leads you right at the foot of Mardi Himal. Allowing you a free day to explore its beautiful surrounding within pristine environment in the harmony of mountains and clean fresh mountain air with incredible views of Annapurna range of peaks with Dhaulagiri towards West and Manaslu in the east horizon with array of peaks in views from the Base Camp of Mardi Himal at an altitude above 4,500 m the highest spot of the adventure which might make you breathless on climb to reach the last final destination of Mardi Himal.
Starting Mardi Himal Trek from scenic Pokhara city and its beautiful valley surrounded by tiers of green rolling green hills and lakes situated on the laps of great Annapurna Himalaya. From Pokhara heading towards high green hills covered within thick alpine woodland of rhododendron, pines, oaks, magnolia and fir tree lines and exploring Gurung traditional farm villages of great interest. As walk progress climbing on high scenic ridges, and then leaving the tree lines behind towards sheer wilderness at Mardi Himal base camp, enjoying the panorama of mountains and its tranquil environment then heading back to take an alternative route to Pokhara after a fabulous time and adventure on Mardi Himal Trekking.
From Pokhara our adventure starts with an exciting short drive towards mid hills of Annapurna to reach Kande located on the roadside of Pokhara / Beni highway.
From here an hour or more climb through cool shade of the forest brings you a wonderful spot at Thulo-Kharka popularly called as Australian Camp where you can rest with exceptional views of whole Annapurna mountain range with Manaslu peaks including magnificent Machhapuchare ‘Fish Tail’ and Mardi Himal. From this scenic spot downhill walk to Potana another village with fantastic views for an overnight stop.
This wonderful area offering the grand vista of beautiful landscapes and snow-clad peaks in perfect tranquility heading higher to reach at High Camp as the air gets thinner and cooler with the steep climb to reach High Camp where tree lines fade to short rhododendron and juniper bushes. Here at High Camp with a lonely lodge for overnight accommodation with basic facilities commanding super views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Here with another night stop to explore beyond High Camp with a day hike to Mardi Himal higher ridge reaching the highest point of this trek at 4,500 meters.
The walk leads to a steep climb along a ridgeline to reach a hidden plateau at the base of Mardi Himal South Face with towering Mt. Machhapuchare; this area known as ‘Other Sanctuary’ named by early pioneer Jimmy Roberts, when he first explored this area in early 1970’s. After enjoying the views of super mountain panorama return back on the same route to our overnight stop.
Enjoying time in lovely Pokhara with glorious views, morning depart for Kathmandu with an interesting overland drive to Kathmandu after a grand time on the high hills of Annapurna around Mardi Himal trekking, in Kathmandu afternoon free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
(option by air 30 minutes of scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu)
Day 01: Reach Kathmandu via respective airlines and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30-minute flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Kande (trek point) with 3 hrs walk to Potana 1,900m.
Day 05: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520 m via Deurali 2,100 m – 05 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Low Camp 2,970 m – 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to High Camp 3,700 m – 05 hrs.
Day 08: Rest day at High Camp for acclimatization and short hike.
Day 09: Trek to Siding village 1,750m | 5,740ft – 06 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Mardipul and drive back to Pokhara in the afternoon free.
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 12: Final International departure homeward bound.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car.
- Two night’s standard selected Hotel in Katmandu with Breakfast
- Two night’s standard hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast
- Meals During Trek: Your stander meals in the mountain (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit: ‘Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) and ACAP Permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport picks up and drops by car.
- Pokhara to Nayapul and Nayapul to pokhara by private vehicle.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Pokhara / Pokhara to Kathmandu, including airport Tax.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Hot shower during the trek
- Poon Hill viewpoint entrance fee
- Hot Spring entrance fee
- During the trek necessary toilet paper
- Fresh fruit during the trek
- NHL'S Dawn jacket and sleeping bag
- NHT’s gifts, as like a pashmina and T-shirt
- An experienced, expert, helpful and friendly Guide. Porters: Experience Trekking Porters(1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter
- Adventure Certificate: NHT provides Adventure Certificate.
- The arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical kit bag.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner with company’s Director.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than scheduled Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, a bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Travel documents: passport, visa, travel insurance, air tickets, the voucher and passport-sized photos
- Binoculars, alarm clock, and torch/flashlight/headlamps, earplug and eye mask,
- Reading and writing materials, travel games like chess, backgammon, scrabble,
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm, face, and body moisturizer, light weight towel, toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, multipurpose soap, deodorant, nail clippers, sanitary pads
- Money-cash and money bag,
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Light warm jacket
- Day pack (with waist straps), refillable water bottle
- Sunhat, sunglasses, scarf, Bag liner,
- Sewing kit, knife, lighter, a small padlock
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket and trousers
- Comfortable walking shoes, running shoes and sandals
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton to be worn in combination
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- T-shirts, trekking pole, crampons
- Underwear and shorts, long sleeved shirt, raincoat.
- Trekking/Hiking boots with spare laces
- Lightweight long trousers
- First Aid Kit
- Regular medicines